Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #21
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Freezer meals/ premade meals to make ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworth629 View Post
another good idea if you have little toddlers at home like i do.. is to have stuff premade for them.. you wont want to cook elaborate things for your toddler with a newbie around. I do homemade chicken nuggets, single serve veg mac n chz. I also use cresent dough and make little dumplings filled with meat vegs and cheese.. DD LOVES them. Ill post some recipes when I have more time to type.
I would love this recipe! It sounds delicious and like DD & I would love it.

I was getting ready to start asking this because I was talking to DH about it and we also ate out way way way to much and I don't want to do that again.

Advertisement

Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #22
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
I would love this recipe! It sounds delicious and like DD & I would love it.

I was getting ready to start asking this because I was talking to DH about it and we also ate out way way way to much and I don't want to do that again.
I literally just buy the pillsbury cresant dough. they sell it in sheet form or just use the triangles. I put in whatever leftover meats/veggies we happen to have in fridge then throw in either some cheese or some sort of sauce for moisture and then bake them. I usually freeze the excess and just toss back into the oven to heat them again. Her favorite so far has been bbq shredded chicken with corn and avocado. or the one with leftover meatballs sauce and shredded mozzarella. They make great little appetizors too .
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I literally just buy the pillsbury cresant dough. they sell it in sheet form or just use the triangles. I put in whatever leftover meats/veggies we happen to have in fridge then throw in either some cheese or some sort of sauce for moisture and then bake them. I usually freeze the excess and just toss back into the oven to heat them again. Her favorite so far has been bbq shredded chicken with corn and avocado. or the one with leftover meatballs sauce and shredded mozzarella. They make great little appetizors too .
That's a good idea, I use the crescent rolls to make weiner wraps all the time, or turkey/cheese rolls, but I've never really expanded beyond that. I also make homemade chicken nuggets, but never even thought about freezing those. I'm seeing some good ideas up in here!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
sixteen
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
How do you seal them up, so the filling doesn't all leak out in baking? That's been a problem for me in the past... thanks!
sixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 AM   #25
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

i just press the edges down.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #26
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love freezer meals. Every Wednesday is Kitchen day around here where we make three freezer meals and bread. We have one of the meals I make for dinner and freeze the other two. My FAVORITE freezer cookbook so far is the Freezer Cooking Manual from 30 Day Gourmet. They don't just give you receipes, all though there are a lot of them, but they teach you how to make your recepies freezable. I it

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
and Ian (born 6/5/14)

Last edited by weintz8; 07-19-2011 at 05:50 AM.
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #27
purplelaurie55
Registered Users

With our first baby, we froze a bunch of meals in large freezer bags, laid them in the freezer so they would lie flat, and then stacked them on top of each other. It was a lifesaver during those first few weeks! Our favorites were: Sausage & Peppers and Chicken soup.
purplelaurie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #28
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am making the Stuffed Bell Peppers today from the blog i posted in theoriginal post
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #29
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

hhhmmm, I like the bag idea, takes up less space (and we have a tiny freezer). I've been unmotivated to even think of freezer meals due to lack of space
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #30
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

i havent even started to think about freezer cooking for when baby comes.