Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
crib suggestions ASAP

we want to sidecar the crib w/our bed but its stuck in her room bc it wont fit through the doorway so instead of taking it apart we are buying another (well we were planning on it anyways bc its a hand me down crib and a little wobbly) we dont necessarily need it to convert into a toddler bed bc dd will be in a twin when the next baby comes in a year or so so the new baby will be in the crib...but we do need something that will last, kwim? reasonably priced but not necessarily cheap(quality is more important than price)Thanks a bunch
oh, and is it asking too much to have it here by saturday

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: crib suggestions ASAP

We have on by Jenny Lind (spelling?) that came from walmart. It was $120 with the mattress. Its the one we keep in our room. It's quite plain, but the side drops down, its narrow enough to fit through the door and it's on wheels too.

Have you thought about just taking the door of the hinges long enough to get the crib out?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its still to wide w/the door off
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

To get out crib through the door I just took the drop rail off and took out the mattress and part the mattress sits on. Then you can maneuver it through the doorway with out to much trouble. You sill probably need to adjust the hight of the mattress to you bed, so all this work would need to be done even it the crib fit though the doorway in one piece.

If you do go for a new crib, ikea has some that are cheap but seem really sold.

Last edited by 9800Emily; 04-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.
9800Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We bought the one they have in stock at Target. Hemmed and hawed over it for awhile and finally decided to do it and I haven't regretted it once! We have moved it once and will be moving it again soon (like a house to house move.) unfortunately it does nee to be taken apart to go through doorways though. Good quality, sturdy. $119 and we applied for credit just to get the extra 10% off!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Be careful we bought a sleigh crib and the legs curve out which is beautiful but makes it hard to push it against my bed so we have a gap. If I knew we would be taking the side off I would have never bought a sleigh crib. Ours is from JC Penny and I think the quality is nicer than the walmart ones I have seen.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #7
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

If you want it to side-car nicely up against your bed then just make sure that it is sturdy with only 3 sides. I would check places like BRU where you can really inspect them.

Ours is a Simplicity convertable and it works great side-car'd. I think that you'll find the convertable ones are probably more sturdy with just 3 then a non-convertable.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fwi my bed is super tall(up yo my chest when im on the floor, but im 5'2) so i doubt the crib matress will be uven with mine....it willl probably be a little lower, kwim so i think we can just drop one side down