Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nightime Trainer instead of Pull-Up???

My 3.5 year old DS is pretty much potty learned. He is great during the day and wear regular underwear. Accidents are few and far between. At nightime I put him in a pull-up because I don't want to risk having to change his sheets at 2am! I would say about half of the tiem he wakes up dry. Sometimes he will wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I was thinking about getting 3-4 trainers or something similar that would hold an accident should he have one, but that he thinks are underwear. Any suggestions???

Advertisement

WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
maeus
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nightime Trainer instead of Pull-Up???

My DS is about the same age, and I've considered using his Blueberry Trainers at night instead of the pull-ups. They won't hold much, but they would at least keep his bed from getting soaked. When he was starting out and had big accidents, the leg gussets would be wet, but I don't recall them ever leaving a puddle.

I haven't been brave enough to try it at night yet, and since we still have quite a few Target brand pull ups left, I haven't been forced to use anything else.
maeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Not what you asked but wanted to share my experience with night training. At some point I just went for it at night--I got tired of waiting for my twins to wake up dry in their pull ups on their own. They were 3 yrs 4 months old. I was fairly sure DS was dry until the morning and he peed in his pull up in the morning when he woke up. DD had never ever woken up dry in the morning.

I put 2 sets of sheets on the bed with a waterproof layer in between. So if they peed on the bed all I had to do was strip off the first set of sheets and the bed was ready to be slept in again. We had the talk about going to sleep in our underwear and how we had to go to the potty if we wanted to pee. I restricted liquids about 2 hours before bed. DS night-trained right away and didn't have a single accident. DD took about 5 nights of stripping off sheets in the middle of the night but then was fine after that.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poppan - those are some great suggestions! I might need to try it!

Any nightime trainer suggestions??
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
FancyCloth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup! I was just goign to to a test run of my pocket pull ups!! trying to think of a better name though because well pull ups are tmd HAHA
FancyCloth is offline   Reply With Quote