Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation SAVE MY CAKE!!

This is a total disater!! The first pic is a top view. It's supposed to be a pirate hat. My first and biggest mistake -- I used a box cake instead of making it from scratch. It literally crumbles when I try to frst it. I finally gave up on frosting, but I need to cover the blue in front (which is essentially the bottom of the pirates hat). Any ideas??? I was wondering if I could just spread whip cream on it. But if I did, would it hold up for a couple hours? I'm serving this tonight for about 15 people. I need to decorate it, then transport it 15 min away and wait a couple hrs before we actually eat it. Would cool whip/reddi whip even hold up???

HELP!!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAVE MY CAKE!!

Uhm... yikes! I've totally had cake disasters like that before! Any time to start over? Or purchase something in it's place

Honestly, your best bet for making it look nice would probably be rolled fondant, or marshmallow fondant.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefibeth View Post
Uhm... yikes! I've totally had cake disasters like that before! Any time to start over? Or purchase something in it's place

Honestly, your best bet for making it look nice would probably be rolled fondant, or marshmallow fondant.

Good luck!
I WISH! I don't even have time to go to the store and buy a pre-made cake . DD is napping and as soon as she wakes up, we have to be out at the lake for family (as in - extended family) pictures. Being hormonal doesn't help. I want to cry.

The only thing keeping me from crying is the reminder that it's not even DS's birthday today. I can make him a nice cake for his actual birthday. It is, however, the day that all of our family will be eating it. Not that I'm out to impress, but I'd like it to somewhat resemble some sort of pirate-ish looking hat.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say...oops, with getting everything ready and putting everything in the car, I must have left it at home! Then eat it when you get back...lol

What about just spreading it out in a pyrex sheet dish and packing it down with your fingers and making a brownie like dessert?
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They sell frosting in a Spray can with star and flat tips Maybe try that so you dont have to TOUCH the cake again Good Luck
Old 07-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

Just my thought....smash it up (icing and all) and make cake balls!

You can dip them into melted chocolate and put them on a stick if you have any available....other wise I would just let them be 'cake balls'!

OR, just smash it up and have someone meet you at the party with a tub of ice cream. Then you can serve 'smashed cake and ice cream'...drizzle some chocolate syrup on it as well! YUM!