Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
cougar
Registered Users

My Mood:
not dealing well.....

Everyday my child screams. She wants me to hold her all the time. I cant put her down for a second. She isnt sleeping like she was now its just a couple hours at most of a night. Woke up this morning to her wiggling beside me. I get up change her and take the dog out. We are outside for 30 mins of her wiggling and just the weight of her has me wanting to go back inside the dog refuses to use the bathroom. We get back inside and he pees in the floor. There is still dishes on the table from the night before the house is a disaster. I laid LO down on the floor and she hasnt stopped screaming and i haven't stopped crying. I need a break i need something to change. DH tries so hard with her but she will just scream to the point of her not breathing. Im exhausted and depressed and stressed. My husband doesnt know what to do for me anymore. He has been working almost 16 hour days by the time he gets home he is exhausted. My back hurts my head hurts my eyes hurt. I NEED SOMETHING TO CHANGE. God please just give me a break.

link to post http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1244573

***update*** 7-22-11
DH works really long hours sometimes 16 hours a day. He is young and this whole thing has him heartbroken. His dad passed away when he was 5 and his mom well lets just say she was never there. So when I got pregnant he has been wrapped around her little finger. I see him just dying everytime she cries. I have been doing A LOT of praying and have so many great people sending prayers and good thoughts our way. After basically NO sleep last night DH got up this morning found me awake with a sleeping baby on the couch. He told me to go get a shower he would watch her. She was asleep really what could happen. I jump in the shower and instantly hear her crying I fight everything in me to run in there and just save him from the heartache but i dont. i figured if he couldnt take it he would just bring her to me like he usually does but he didnt. I showered quickly and listened at the door I could hear bob marley playing over the computer but no baby screaming. I cracked the door had i gone deaf to her screams???? I sneak to the bedroom hoping neither of them seen me. As i start getting dressed I hear him singing No woman no cry. My DH NEVER sings with good reason lol. I get dressed not even wanting to go in the living room for fear of ruining this PERFECT moment. I peak around the corner its to late she spotted me. But she doesnt scream she just reaches up and smacks her daddy in the face with a big grin. Success. I look at him and said "I dont want to jinx it but what has gotten into her." He said " A lot of praying to the man upstairs."This is a big shock Dh has never really been "religious" and praying isnt always on his to do list. He says he believes just never practiced. Anyway I like to say this has a happy ending but it is just a good beginning. We go out to eat with friends who of course want to try to hold her and of course this brings out the screaming banshee ive come to love. We cut lunch short and get her to sleep in the stroller while we go pick up a movie. We come home and she EATS!! carrots and LOVES them like grab the spoon want to take it from me loves them. Resulting in NO SPIT UP!!! Thank you GOD. DH went to change her and she started back in the screaming but hey one day at a time and after 5 months today was a miracle.

update on update lol.
7-26-11
We are having less and less fussing and more play time. We still have LOTS of fussing but the playtime is making it deal able. She even started blowing raspberries at me.

Advertisement

Last edited by cougar; 07-26-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: update :)
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: not dealing well.....

Oh honey, I hear you - there are some babies who are really really hard. How old is she? Maybe we can help.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
cougar
Registered Users

My Mood:

5 months
Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my goodness, that sounds miserable for everyone. I am so sorry. Are you swaddling her? That Woombie swaddler is awesome. (it zips so she can't get out) Do you have anyone that can give you a break during the day to either nap or clean up a bit?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my second was like that - what a disaster, I tried a bajillion different carriers and holds and just Oiy! For her, her tummy was constantly upset, I cut out milk, it helped a bunch, then I did something that I will TOTALLY get flamed for, but still the crying wouldn't stop - when it was at it's worst I gave her a tablespoon of Sprite and suddenly she was fine. At a year old some days after she eats I still have to give her a little soda, I asked the ped and he said that she probably didn't make enough stomach acid to digest her food. Hope you find the source of her uneasyness mama, it can be so hard to be this worn out
Old 07-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey momma, just wondering how things are going?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
cougar
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
Hey momma, just wondering how things are going?
updated
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
mom22boysand1girl
Registered Users
seller

I am so glad things re getting better
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome! One day at a time
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:

So glad to hear things are looking up. It is so hard with little ones. Keep me posted either here or PM's. Your in my thoughts. And I am so glad you are reacting in a positive way toward her. Hugs to all of you.