Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

7mo schedule?

Hi, mamas...

If your 7-8 mo is formula fed, what schedule are they on and how much do they eat at each bottle?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
laughingfox
Registered Users
seller

Re: 7mo schedule?

We never did a schedule. I fed her when she was hungry, and usually made 6 ounces at a time. Sometimes she finished it all and wanted 2 more, and sometimes she didn't finish it all.
She wasn't eating a lot of solid food, so she was still drinking about 1.5 to 2 ounces per pound of her body weight. (She drank about 30-40 ounces per day and weighed about 20 pounds.)
laughingfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why would you want to put your LO on a schedule? I bf on demand now and ff on demand with my others. I made 3 or 4 bottles at once and if they wanted more than what I made I fixed another one.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Maria,

My DD is on a schedule of her own making. It has been the same since she was 3 months old. She eats every 2 hours, 5oz at a time. For a total of 6 bottles a day (25-30oz).

Now that she's 9months, she actually eats less, but still every 2 hours. Sometimes 4oz, sometimes 5oz. Because she eats solids 2x a day, her breakfast bottle is 3oz and tomorrow will probably be 2oz as she refuses to drink any more. Her dinner bottle is still 4 or 5oz.

hope that helps! I don't think my LO is 'normal' because most kids her age seem to eat less often and larger bottles. but, since I always gave her what she wanted 'on demand', this is the schedule we have.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 07-19-2011 at 01:46 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
heyitsmeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS eats on demand. He gets 4oz bottles with the exception of after waking up from a 2+ hour nap (he'll get 6oz then) or after waking up after STTN (he gets 6oz then, too). He is on no solids at all right now due to tummy troubles, and that's why we keep his bottles smaller as well. I'd say he's getting 28-30oz/day.

"whatever works" mom to
J (9/04) & L (11/10)
Expecting #3 in July
heyitsmeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Why would you want to put your LO on a schedule? I bf on demand now and ff on demand with my others. I made 3 or 4 bottles at once and if they wanted more than what I made I fixed another one.
Well, maybe because he put himself on a nursing/eating schedule? He eats at 6pm, 7:15pm, 12am, 4am, and takes three 5oz bottles at daycare at 9, 12, and 3. Every single day, pretty much without fail--and he put HIMSELF on this schedule, because I'm happy to nurse on demand when we are together and did when he was tiny, and he happily settled into his *gasp* schedule!

So I was WONDERING, what similar aged ff babies were like in terms of when they wanted to eat and how much. *I*'m ready to reduce pumping at work, which means that slowly we will be adding in more formula, and I wanted to be aware of what his peers might be like.

Why the judgmental tones from (almost) everyone who responded?

Last edited by MariaLA; 07-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
heyitsmeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS put himself on a schedule, too, so I know what that's like. ((HUGS)) No judgement here.

"whatever works" mom to
J (9/04) & L (11/10)
Expecting #3 in July
heyitsmeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
missgen83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little dude bfs in the am and my supply is so low that I usually give him 2-3 oz of formula to supplement. Then he eats 5 oz every 3ish hours until he goes to bed. We average 25-35 oz a day. He currently weighs 17ish lbs and will be 7 months on the 21st.
missgen83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLA View Post
Well, maybe because he put himself on a nursing/eating schedule? He eats at 6pm, 7:15pm, 12am, 4am, and takes three 5oz bottles at daycare at 9, 12, and 3. Every single day, pretty much without fail--and he put HIMSELF on this schedule, because I'm happy to nurse on demand when we are together and did when he was tiny, and he happily settled into his *gasp* schedule!

So I was WONDERING, what similar aged ff babies were like in terms of when they wanted to eat and how much. *I*'m ready to reduce pumping at work, which means that slowly we will be adding in more formula, and I wanted to be aware of what his peers might be like.

Why the judgmental tones from (almost) everyone who responded?
Wasn't being judgmental, just asking, no need to get defensive. My first 3 boys were ff and never had an eating schedule. They got hungry, I fed them. DD is ebf and isn't on a schedule. She gets hungry, I feed her. There are many moms out there that want to put their baby on a schedule to make it more convenient for THEMSELVES and not because that's just when their LO gets hungry.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son is 7.5 months old (born in Dec, also) and eats 8oz per feeding 5x a day! I actually had to wean him to formula because I was losing too much weight and it was becoming too taxing on my body. He's in the 90th percentile for height and weight (or he was at his 6mo checkup.) At 6 months: 21lbs, 28inches. Currently wears 18-24mo clothing.

DS sleeps 10 hours at night. Wakes up between 6:30 and 7am everyday and gets a bottle, and eats about every 3-4hrs for the rest of the day. Also takes 2 naps a day for about an hour and a half each. I keep a routine (not a rigid schedule) because it's flexible. Wake up stays within the same timeframe always and everything else just falls into place. I watch for when he's sleepy or hungry and it always falls within 30 minutes one direction or the other of his usual times. HTH!

God Bless!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 07-29-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote