Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 7mo schedule?

I BF all of my mine but we are a schedule family so I'll jump in and share that each of mine at 7 months has been just about like this. They are usually just moving into a 4hr sequence.
7am - eat
9am - nap
11am - eat
1pm - nap
3pm - eat
5pm - little nap
6:30 - eat
8:00 - bedtime
10:00 - dreamfeed
Since I BF, I have no idea how much they are eating at a feeding but they all gained very well.

Advertisement

Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just about to post this same exact question!

DD turned 7 months today and still will not take more than a 4 oz bottle at a time.. about every 2 - 3 hours. She's like clockwork.. lol. The only time she'll take more than 4 oz is before bed (thats a 6 oz bottle and sometimes she wont finish it) overall I'd say she's getting 28-30 or so ounces a day. Plus she eats 2, SOMETIMES 3 (depending on my lazyness level that day ) "meals" a day. She's super skinny though. 15 1/2 lbs and about 28" tall....

Anyone know if its okay for her to only take 4 oz at a time?? I feel like ever since we transitioned to formula, she's not growing as quickly as she was before...
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
I BF all of my mine but we are a schedule family so I'll jump in and share that each of mine at 7 months has been just about like this. They are usually just moving into a 4hr sequence.
7am - eat
9am - nap
11am - eat
1pm - nap
3pm - eat
5pm - little nap
Since I BF, I have no idea how much they are eating at a feeding but they all gained very well.

This is very similar to my routine. In our routine, ds eats when he wakes up rather than right before sleeping with the only exception being at bedtime.... this way he knows the difference.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

I guess I will start the flames coming to me, but I love that my son is on a schedule. He started it on his own and I am more than happy with it. I know what to expect out of my day, which is great.
He will be 7 months next week.
6/7am-wake up
diaper change, clothes change
7oz bottle and applesauce and oatmeal
play time, swing, bouncing seat, walk, run for mommy/daddy...
9 nap time(usually an hour and a half, to 2)
11:30/12-lunch, 7oz bottle and a veggy
more play time..and any errands that need to be ran happen now.
1/2 nap-another 1-2 hour nap
5/6 dinner 8oz bottle, a fruit and veggy, possible meat
bedtime is 9
and he eats one more time in the middle of the night 1am-2am.
That being said, if we stay true to the schedule, he is happy and thriving. If we don't he freaks.
Also, we don't demand feed, but if he is crying, lets say and it isn't time yet to feed him, I will make a snack bottle like 4oz or so...
Like today he ate at 11:30 7oz bottle and carrots. Took his nap in the car which he doesn't normally do and by 3 he was hungry, not normal for him, so I gave him a snack bottle, and apparently it was just a comfort need cause he passed out.
So we have a schedule and try to stick to it, but when need be we veer.
By the way even though we have a schedule and never demand fed..He is in the 97%. He is 20lbs, 4 oz and 28"

Last edited by babylove921; 07-30-2011 at 04:25 PM.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
4littlevikings
Registered Users

No flames frome me. My LO's were all on a semi schedule

Alot like above poster. It worked great for all. We stuck to it pretty loosly and if we needed to vary for what ever reason they were all laid back enough to ajust pretty well
Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
4littlevikings
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Why would you want to put your LO on a schedule? I bf on demand now and ff on demand with my others. I made 3 or 4 bottles at once and if they wanted more than what I made I fixed another one.
why do you care if she wants too. If you don't have your lo on a schedule don't answer the post.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think maybe we have 'schedule' and 'routine' mixed up... my DD has come up with a routine all on her own that makes her the most happy... if for some reason her routine is shifted, its very obvious as she becomes quite cranky.

I did not PLACE her on MY OWN schedule... but I try to go by the routine she has placed and help her out by sticking to it as best as possible.

I hope that makes sense.... lol
Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #18
Antigone
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
7am - eat
9am - nap
11am - eat
1pm - nap
3pm - eat
5pm - little nap
Did you read the Baby Whisperer? I read that and our schedule is very similar but we don't do the dreamfeed, we do a bottle at 6 and 8. Unfortunately I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust for solids. Right now I'm doing solids at around 11 and then around 6. She's drinking a lot less formula for no apparent reason...she used to finish 6 oz bottles now she rarely drinks more than 4 oz. She drinks a tiny bit of water in the sippy but not much. It's funny because she's really chubby and I'm not worried about her growth at all, but she's never eaten as much as I read she's "supposed" to eat.
Antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #19
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
Did you read the Baby Whisperer? I read that and our schedule is very similar but we don't do the dreamfeed, we do a bottle at 6 and 8.
I haven't read The Baby Whisperer. I learned about scheduling from The Ezzos of Babywise notoriety through their Christian curriculum called Prep for Parenting. Our friends with large families have been using it since 1995. When we began our family, I liked what I saw in theirs and asked for the secrets . What I have been told is TBW repackages many of these same ideas in a more agreeable way that doesn't seem so legalistic. I do a dreamfeed because I BF and I need to do that to keep up supply. If I was FF, I would do just as you mention. I offered solids directly after nursing beginning with lunch and dinner meals too. Our babies all start nursing less (so maybe FF is the same?) around 9-10 months.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlevikings View Post
why do you care if she wants too. If you don't have your lo on a schedule don't answer the post.
Wow, what is with the hostility?
There is a big difference in having a schedule and a routine. It gets irritating that alot of younger moms want to have their kids on schedules to make their life easier. If you wanted convenience you shouldn't have had children. A routine is something very different. MY lo wakes around 7, naps around 10 for anywhere from 1-2 hours, naps sometime between 3-4 for 1-2 hours and goes to bed at 9. She breastfeeds every 2-3 hours from the time she wakes til she goes to bed and wakes about 2x every night to eat a full meal. She doesn't eat solids because she has a food aversion from medicine being forced down her since she was 3 months old. She doesn't eat at the same time everyday but eats every 2-3 hours like clockwork. That is a routine that I helped to make for her and it works great for her, my 3ds', my dh and me.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote