Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Back labor.

What does it feel like? I have contractions that radiate up my spine. The only thing that compares is the spinal headaches I used to get after my epidural with DS1.

~~~~~~~
Don't worry, it's autocorrect, I know how to type in English. ;p

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Re: Back labor.

For me it was very intense at my spine and would radiate around through my hips. I never had any pain on/in my abdomen, all back and hips. Pressure on my back would relieve some of the intensity/pain. If I could have figured out a way to have DH stand on my lower back I totally would have!
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope you don't have back labor, it is terrible. For me, it felt like DS2 was trying to burst through my lower back. Very low in my back, tremendous amounts of pressure. I could not labor laying down or sitting down, I had to contract kneeling bent over something. DS2 was sunny side up, hence the back labor. I pushed him out laying on my side because he was in distress when I tried squatting to push him out. I was laying on my back for only one contraction (because the OB made me), I told OB I was not going to lie on my back and he said "fine do it your way" and left and not 10 minutes later I was holding DS2
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaci View Post
For me it was very intense at my spine and would radiate around through my hips. I never had any pain on/in my abdomen, all back and hips. Pressure on my back would relieve some of the intensity/pain. If I could have figured out a way to have DH stand on my lower back I totally would have!
This is how mine was too, it was awful!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaci
Yeah this was me too! I had back labor with both my LOs. It's HORRIBLE!!!
FWIW- Both came out facing my right thigh.

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had back labor with my posterior baby. It was horrible. I've never had so much pain EVER! It was INTENSE pain/pressure on my lower back/butt/hips. Nothing helped but the epidural. It never went away. The nurses kept telling me to relax between contractions, and they wouldn't listen that the back pain NEVER left like the contractions.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All 3 of mine were back labors. Every contraction I had to have someone either squeezing my hips or pressing into my tailbone quite hard. I figure this one is going to be a back labor as well. Hoping the water will help (planning a water birth) If not I will do whats tried and true, walking and then swaying while having my hips squeezed or tailboned assaulted during contractions.
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine was all lower back pain. Like the worst back ache ever, but it came in waves. I felt the contractions in my abdomen at the same time, and they felt like period cramps. A heating pad really helped with my back pain as did a hot shower, aimed at my lower back. Good luck mama!
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first I had back labor and these ladies summed it up! If you have to ask if it's back labor, then it's not! It's THAT.SERIOUS! YOU WILL KNOW!! I agree with the pp that the only thing that really helped and seemed doable was for DH to squeeze my hips together as hard as he could. Just imagine labor in the front with the pressure, the radiation through your hips, and the worst burning menstrual cramps ALL IN YOUR BACK! I betcha your baby's head is slightly turned and up against a nerve giving you the sensations that you're having. When it's labor, you WILL know!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm pretty sure I'm not in labor and wasn't in labor when I posted this. I figured of I do go into labor with baby in the sunny side up position, I'd like to have an idea of how it 2weeks and different stories. Thanks for all those that shared.

~~~~~~~
Don't worry, it's autocorrect, I know how to type in English. ;p

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote