Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best cloth nursing pads?

What do you recommend for cloth nursing pads? I was thinking of trying these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61366324...sable-washable. Does it matter if it's contoured or not? Opinions?

Advertisement

Last edited by kutie.pie; 07-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.
kutie.pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Best cloth nursing pads?

Wool pads from Covered Caboose. The pads are great but the 'breast blankets' rock!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bumping UP!!

What's good for leak-proof?

I have a HEAVY letdown when I'm nursing and my other breast will FLOOD! I'm looking for a great washable pad to use instead of disposables!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Bumping UP!!

I have a HEAVY letdown when I'm nursing and my other breast will FLOOD! I'm looking for a great washable pad to use instead of disposables!!
This is also what I'm kinda looking for. I soak through wool, so I need another solution to soaking it up and not leaking.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
heatherz1982
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The ones I have are from etsy by HippieMade, they are not contoured and made of flannel with pul. They were very reasonable and absorb well - no leaking through for me. Only complaint is you can see them with certain clothes/bras, not sure if contoured ones make a difference with that.
heatherz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't say much for cloth nursing pads but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post

I bought a Milkies Milk Saver and use it on my non-nursing breast or non-pumping breast. It's kind of expensive (I managed to get it on sale) but it works pretty well for catching letdown and all you do is wash it out when you're done. I like not wasting my letdown milk
Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
I can't say much for cloth nursing pads but...

I bought a Milkies Milk Saver and use it on my non-nursing breast or non-pumping breast. It's kind of expensive (I managed to get it on sale) but it works pretty well for catching letdown and all you do is wash it out when you're done. I like not wasting my letdown milk
Oh that too! If I was at home I would use the milkies milk saver and it would fill up and over flow before my son was done so I would have to stop and empty it, but it's to big and clunky to use in public. It worked great until my dog ate it!
I leak so much I soak through everything, wool, pul, sposies (tried lansinoh samples once only lasted half a feed before my shirt soaked through).
I use wool when not nursing since one breast is constantly leaking! When nursing I used the milkies at home until my dog ate it. When out and about I would stick a cd in there since I mostly nurse when babywearing so it's not like anyone would notice how lumpy I was However I prefer to use the breast blankets because if I triple them it absorbs everything and I can let them air dry to use later on.
When you leak as much as I do there really is nothing discrete to wear! So my vote is still for wool because it can be reused once it dries instead of having to be washed again.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
tylersmom13
Registered Users
seller

i make some that are pretty awesome www.etsy.com/shop/sweetamagoos
Babywearing, bfing, co-sleeping, running around crazy fulltime student, fulltime SAHM, part time WAHM to Tyboo(10/13/10) check out my etsy shop for fleece soakers/longies and awesome nursing/teething necklaces www.etsy.com/shop/sweetamagoos
tylersmom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Bamboobies
Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
BreckinsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post
I leak so much I soak through everything, wool, pul, sposies (tried lansinoh samples once only lasted half a feed before my shirt soaked through).
I use wool when not nursing since one breast is constantly leaking! When nursing I used the milkies at home until my dog ate it. When out and about I would stick a cd in there since I mostly nurse when babywearing so it's not like anyone would notice how lumpy I was
When you leak as much as I do there really is nothing discrete to wear! So my vote is still for wool because it can be reused once it dries instead of having to be washed again.
I had to laugh as I read this just because that so feels like how I was with DS! I used to keep one burp cloth under DS' face because he couldn't keep up with how much milk was coming out and one on the other breast, they would both be soaked by the end! This did subside though after a few months, oh the joys I have to look forward to with our new little one! I honestly can't wait!