Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ec'ing while nursing!?!?

How do you mamas do it that hold the LO over a pot? I sometimes let mine go diaperless and put a prefold beneath him, but have no idea how I would have him comfortable and over a little bowl. BTW, he is 12 weeks.

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ec'ing while nursing!?!?

I had a little plastic bowl that fit under dd's bum. I sat cross legged while doing this. Typically she peed right after she latched on and then I could just remove the bowl.
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
sprinkle pocket
Registered Users
seller

I never could with a bowl. We just used a cloth like you, but they weren't predictable like the pp. The bowl or potty always seemed so hard and.cold at that age. Cloth worked better for us. Not that this answers your question! LOL
sprinkle pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
ssserica
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I had a little plastic bowl that fit under dd's bum. I sat cross legged while doing this. Typically she peed right after she latched on and then I could just remove the bowl.
i would like to try this, one question on the plastic bowl. did to put any type of cushion on the top of it for her butt? i aso typically use the breast friend nursing pillow and i can see it wont work with that so do u have the baby in swaddle position while you have the potty kinda sideways underneath her bum? or do you have her actually laying more vertical with her somehow latched on and the container under her bum?

sorry for all the questions my daughter tends to pee and poo while latched on
ssserica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I first latched her on she was very vertical and I'd hold her with one arm and tuck the pot under her bum. I was an old food container so no cusion. But this time around I would love to get a little potty bowl and also a cover for it.

Once she peed I'd have her more laying down, but I think she started to like sitting up more when she ate. lol
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
kathryngraces
Registered Users

I have a Boppy & stopped using it when I started EC-ing while nursing. No room for the Boppy AND a potty AND a baby in my lap!

I have the potty bowl and some covers for it. I don't really use the covers, though--just one more thing to wash, and with the 100 degree weather, I don't worry that DS's bum is getting cold. I think the bowl is great, though. I do have DS pretty vertical while nursing, and I'm a little slouched sometimes, which isn't ideal, but he'll grow, right? Usually I "catch" his pee with a diaper that I hold in front of him, wedged between my leg and the bowl. The poos go in the bowl beautifully. Once he's done, I give him a quick wipe and go back to nursing in a more comfortable position. (Unfortunately, he can spend 20-30 minutes pooping sometimes!)

He doesn't usually poop when he's not nursing. I've been wondering if I should start taking him off the breast when he starts to poop & maybe he would focus more??? But it's more likely that he'd just get upset...
kathryngraces is offline   Reply With Quote