Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
blairmarie333
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: am I wrong to be angry?

Your bff should not be doing things like this. If she was your bff she would love your kids just a little less than you do. Find a new sitter!

Advertisement

blairmarie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

is it even legal to babysit for that many kids at once?
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies we made it through the week. DJ and I talked about it some tonight. I have four weeks left of my externship and DH is using PTO to cover the next two after that either my MIL or BIL will have the kids. If they can't do it dh will take unpaid time. My friend was supposed to have them again the first week of august but I will not be letting her watch them again until she seems sane again. I was furious when she told me she wasn't going to spend 45 minutes trying to give the baby the bottle but now that I've calmed down I am chalking it up to lesson learned and it won't happen again.

I'm on my phone and the touchscreen hates me so my posts are short, to the point and probably misspelled.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Glad you got it worked out. I am only slightly defending her because I have had babies in my daycare have a hard time with the bottle and it is challenging, to say the least, to spend 45 min. on the one task of bottle feeding meanwhile you have 5 or 6 other kids (whatever number it was) needing your attention too. Sounds like part of it was she just overwhelmed herself outside of her capabilities. Sounds like she had good intentions by offering in the first place though.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does your baby take bottles for others on a regular basis or is she most often EBFing. I could see a almost one year old refusing the bottle especially if she is getting table food and water. Honestly I would expect a person that is babysitting to offer what I left like the breast milk. Offer it on a bottle offer it in a sippy. If the baby turns it down it is difficult to force feed. IMO she needs to offer it but if baby refuses and is receiving at least some form of food throughout the day I wouldn't be stressed. I think your friend is not communicating well. She needs to communicate the type a day a child had and what they ate and how they slept. However she is passing judgement in her reports. THat would be my annoyance.
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would be annoyed, but mostly, I would just find a new sitter. Six kids is a lot, and my guess is that she didn't realize how much it would be when she suggested it.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote