Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I think LO has a plastic allergy

I've had kids who were allergic to the metal in snaps and on the old high chairs. (made of metal back in the day)

But, you figure, she's sitting in a plastic high chair? Why aren't her arms breaking out from the tray?

I would try a few experiments first. Then, maybe find some bamboo spoons for her instead of using the same spoons.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000PJ9YRQ

Advertisement

Last edited by escapethevillage; 07-16-2011 at 02:59 PM.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Also, my daughter was 18 years old before we discovered she had a latex allergy. LMBO! It actually explained so much. She went tubing down the salt river, and everywhere she touched the tube gave her a severe burn.

So, after a few days, we took her to a doctor, and the doctor used latex gloves to look at her burns, and she broke out where the gloves touched her.

The doctor said "Haven't you ever noticed this reaction before?" "Uh.. ya... but, I never connected it with latex".
Old 07-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
mummy2lolo
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali

wow thanks mamas for all the input. Those of you who had the latex-fruit allergy...which foods did your Lo react to? So far mine has reacted to: carrot, pear, pumpkin, and either wheat and/or soy. She reacted to some rice cereal which had soy in it...so I am thinking soy. I am going to do skin test before proceeding with anymore foods.

This majorly sucks! I am hoping my LO grows out of this. Will get worse with age or better? Since I am BF should I remove all known allergens from my diet as well too?

So many questions...I guess I need to see our doctor soon.

I also tried her with a Dr. Browns bottle with a silicone nipple, she took it, but got immediately red from it. I am now worried as I return to work this coming week and not sure how my nanny can give LO a bottle if both silicone and latex are an issue.

Last edited by mummy2lolo; 07-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.
mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
holl_ie
Registered Users
seller

With my allergies I reacted to a lot more things than what I was actually allergic too because my immune system was in hyper drive.Once I cut out the main allergens I stopped reacting to the others.Maybe that is what is going on with her?
I hope you can find an answer soon!
holl_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
mummy2lolo
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieP View Post
I have tons of silicone nipples for those bottles that I do not use anymore. If you want to pay the shipping I can send them to you. You could just sterilize them before using. I probably have at least a dozen.

Just an idea.....may take a few weeks to get to you tough since I am in Canuck Land....let me know!
You are so sweet, I will let you know. Shipping here from Canada is so slow though...my fam sends us pkgs and they take anywhere from 1-2 months.
mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote