Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
gift for a 10 year old girl?

With all the junk going on this week, I completely forgot about a birthday party we have to go to today. So I need to grab a gift for the girl. I was thinking maybe a $45 gift card to Justice. WDYT? Too much? Too little? Too crappy?

She doesn't seem the type that is in to toys. Her whole family is really obsessively in to fitness. She qualified for the junior olympics, so I thought maybe a journal for the experience would be nice, but my 8 year old nixed that idea. I don't think she has any video game systems, and they don't believe in watching TV, because you sit while you do it. The fam's a bit weird and I think the dad is clearly anorexic, TBH. The mom is nice, but I don't know them super well, so I'm not sure what to get her. Usually I'd ask the mom what she'd like, but it's too late now.

So any quick idea would be awesome, we have to leave in about an hour.

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: gift for a 10 year old girl?

$45 is VERY generous for a friend gift IMO. We usually do more like $25 unless it is a really special friend. What about Barnes and Noble? Do you see her wearing clothes from the store you mentioned. We have never shopped there (cuz we clearly live under a rock LOL) is it pretty popular?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She wears Justice all the time, and it's kind of spendy, so 45 bucks won't get you much.

She doesn't read, that would mean you are sitting, KWIM? The parents each work out 4 hours a day, and the dad only eats protein shakes. I heard him tell her when she was getting on the bus one day (they live across the street) that when snack time comes, if she drinks her water really fast then she won't be hungry, and won't need to eat. It's really over the top. Not to say we aren't weird or anything, I'm sure they think we're a bunch of really bizarre crazies, it's just that the normal things I'd get a girl that age won't fly in their house, KWIM? All they do is fitness, all the time. That's why I thought a gift card for clothes might be the way to go.

Well, I guess I'll just do that. We have to get going because the party is 30 minutes away.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be tempted to get her a pack of candy bars!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dd had a party last week and I had no idea what to get b/c they are beyond the toy age, ya know? I just went with a gift card as well.

I personally don't spend $45 on anyone that isn't family and I don't think Justice is expensive at all since they have a permanent 40% off sale every single day

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL!

Actually, the party was very nice, and the kids had a great time. I was envisioning we'd all be eating carrot sticks and drinking electrolyte water (well, the water part was true, lol), but they ordered pepperoni pizza and had chips, and cupcakes for dessert. I'm shocked! Especially since I know they are red meat free, and are very particular about sodium and sugar. Everybody had a great time, even the little one, even though it was hard for her to play because she can't get wet and the cast keeps her from doing a lot of stuff.

I ended up getting her a journal and pen from Justice, and a $20 gift card to go with it. Turns out that was a good idea, because all the gifts were from Justice, and so were the goody bags.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Yes, my 10 yr old would be thrilled with anything from Justice. I have never bought her anything there, though, as it is a rather expensive store. But her friends wear a lot from there and she has been gifted with a few things.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

That sounds like a perfect gift. My 8 & 11 year old girls would be thrilled with that!

Last edited by ssand23; 07-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #9
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

My girls would have been thrilled too! I find then justice clothes at the thrift stores hehe