Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me get ds to nap!

Ds is almost 4 months. We had a spell between 4-8 weeks or so he took decent naps during the day in his crib but he soon decided he was too good for that. He generally sleeps 6-7 hours at night in his crib, although the last few weeks have been off kilter while we were on vacation. I just REALLY need him to nap in his crib during the day. I don't mind wearing him some for him to sleep but I can't shower, do a workout video, or get down on the floor and play with my other two kids.

I don't think I want to do CIO but at the same time I feel like I need to do something because I just cannot hold him his whole nap or nap with him every time.

Anybody got any tips? If it helps, he is ebf on demand.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help me get ds to nap!

My 4 month old is having nap trouble, too.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
AndeeL
Registered Users

You're at the wonderful (read:awful) time of the 4 month sleep regression.

I'm no help. I barely.".survived it with my first dd, who is very high needs and dd2 is just hitting it. It does pass tho!
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Caroline- same crud here! Natalie only naps when I hold her. I might get a 30 min nap when she is laying down. But a week ago she'd sleep for btwn 2-3 hours in the afternoon.

No advice, but I really hope this is phase.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
pcjs
Registered Users

My son didn't nap till 11 or so months and honestly it freaked me out when he did as I wasn't used to it. They "nap" when they are ready but I would try a bouncy seat or swing. At that age we also started in his jumper contraption that he loved. We also got the Ikea high chair and used double of the padding (bottom and on top of that one behind his head) do I could cook.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

I could only get naps that were in the swing or in a stroller unless I baby wore DS. However he started to transition out of that stage at the end of 4 months 5 months old.

He had started to take 3 naps a day...one in the swing/stroller one with me holding and one in the crib. Sometimes the crib went well sometimes not. But with the gradual shift I knew he was al least getting sleep. I started the swing with it moving and once asleep turned it off.
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote