Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do all day with your kids?

We do Play Doh at the table, decorate cookies for holidays (like Easter) and lately our fun thing has been bubbles! I got a bubble machine and its so much fun! We take turns using another bubble wand and they have a great time for hours! Parks are fun too!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

Chores, go to the library, park. Getting out of the house really helps!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #13
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Outside stuff: sandbox, trikes, we have rocks landscaping the front of our house so she loves to take a shovel and bucket and dig in the rocks, sidewalk chalk, balls (she kicks them, bounces them, throws them, etc), when the weather is warmer she loves to get a bucket of water and paint brush and paint the driveway, she also likes to finger paint the sliding glass door (on the outside) and then use a sponge to clean it off when she's all done painting.

Inside stuff - build a tent out of a blanket, play kitchen, puzzles, she's just now getting into simple crafts but loves to color a ton, play silly dress up with hats around the house and scarves and whatever you can find, we rotate toys so they are 'new' every so often as well

Other stuff - library story time is a huge hit, going for a walk and playing I-spy on the way, go to the park, go to the mall and check out the bookstore (she loves to look at the new books)
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
chelle0518
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I lock them in the closet.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"wash" the car with a huge sponge and a bucket of water
play in the sprinkler
push around a shopping cart and pick up china berries
kiddie swing
bukets of water to mix up colored with food coloring.
pick weeds to make boquets
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #16
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

DD is only 16 months so things are limited. We play chase and hide and seek, bath time is fun, we go for walks, go to the park (this is a work out for me...running up and going down the slide 50 times). My mom just bought her an easel and she's learning to scribble. She loves to be outside and just walk around and point at stuff. The mall playcenter is a BIG to-do on my list. I feel like my friends and I live there (small town, not much to do). We go visit Daddy at work, run errands. We both can't stay in the house all day. We go stir crazy. I'm going to have to invest in some outdoor toys!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #17
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We HS, so my kids do art projects and work in the mornings. Not hard work, fun work- painting, coloring, glue, stickers, etc. We do calendar and weather every day and counting/ addition everyday as well, and a letter a week including sign language. They love the chalk board/ easel we have! I have girls so they like Polly Pockets too.

Candy Land is big here, and I second the Hullabuloo. We play at least once a day. I probably read 10 books a day to them, sometimes the same book 10 times, LOL! If I need a couple of minutes I sometimes put on their music- Wiggles, Veggie Tales, stuff like that.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #18
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaarrington View Post
I just filled up 3 big plastic boals of water and set it on the outside patio along with their sand toys and additional tub and boat toys too. They are having a ball. Too bad its only been about 20 minutes and they are already ready to come in
I think you really have to almost "train" them to play together and entertain themselves...just encourage them to be creative and think up games to play together. My DD is 5 and my DS is 2 - she often creates outside "games" and "stories" and thinks DS is playing with her, when really he is just running around. Dirt and water are always a big hit at our house, so are leaves and sticks and building stuff. Let them eat outside (lunch or a snack) - anything to keep them away from the TV. Go for a walk - especially if you have a destination. For example, there is a Convenience store about a half mile from our house. We will walk there, get a drink or a treat (sometimes lunch b/c there is a restaurant/pizza place inside) and walk home. When DS naps, we will work puzzles or just have quiet time. I work 3 days a week, so we are only home 2 days, but those days get into a rut sometimes, so I totally know what you are talking about!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #19
amanda308
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do painting, coloring, glueing anything, playdoh, blowing bubbles, playing cars, water the plants, baking is a recent big hit. We do tons of stuff I can't think of right now . But everything we do revolves around SpongeBob.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

We definately can't stay at home all the time either, we go stir crazy! Since you are in a new town, you should go out and explore, look for the parks, look for kid friendly attractions...our city has a website and they often have events for kids advertised. we take a walk in the evening if it's nice and Corbin quizzes me on all the things he sees and asks me how to spell them. We go to the park ALOT! and there is also a parents as teachers playgroup we attend on Fridays and on Wednesdays we go to the library....he also has TaeKwonDo on Tuesdays and Thursdays...our weekdays seemed to be pretty filled so it's our weekends that tend to be blah! good luck!