Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Strong Oxytocin Release

I am really getting tired of feeling sick when I bf or when my milk lets down randomly... Like right now I was just reading more information about it and they say it is the release of Oxytocin during milk let-down and should not last past 8 weeks after delivery. Well, I am now heading into week 8 and even though i would love to think it will just 'disappear' I feel like it wont.

How long did you feel this extremely annoying hormonal release of oxytocin while breastfeeding? Sometimes I feel like I am on drugs...

Advertisement

CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Strong Oxytocin Release

i assume you're talking about the uterine cramping? i only really felt it the first week, and it got worse with each baby. First child, i barely noticed, 2nd i could feel it, and the 3rd felt like labor pains and i was using labor breathing to work through them
Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

No, not uterine cramping though I did have that during the first week. I seriously feel sick (nausea), not all the time but most of the time. I eat and drink a TON of water and food, which is so annoying!

This is the only think I could find that sounds like me -

What causes the nausea when breastfeeding?

- The release of the hormone Oxytocin during milk let-down is what causes the nausea. It is the same hormone that is associated with digestion and other gut hormones. Most times this nausea caused through the release of Oxytocin disappears after about eight weeks from birth. If mom is feeling nauseous after this eight week period, she should consider doing a pregnancy test.

http://www.breastfeeding-problems.co...stfeeding.html

*I am not pregnant either. It would be almost impossible, Virgin Mary like...

Last edited by CntryMama; 07-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me!! I had it randomly for the first 6 months of my first sons life. But only when I nursed lying on my side. Which I dud, alot because he liked it. It was like morning sickness hitting. Omg.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Me!! I had it randomly for the first 6 months of my first sons life. But only when I nursed lying on my side. Which I dud, alot because he liked it. It was like morning sickness hitting. Omg.
YES!! Thank you soooo much! It does feel like morning sickness all over again I have been nursing a lot on my side the past few weeks. I never new you could do that until someone showed me - what a WONDERFUL way to feed her without killing my neck or arms. That is pretty much the only way I feed her now
Old 07-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #6
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine was super strong in the hospital, like I couldnt hold my eyes open. it was gone in 3 wks though