Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Question about DS - would this concern you?

DS was totally potty trained, then not for months, then totally trained again for several months & yesterday he pees himself & poops in his room on the floor (separate incidents). Today he peed himself again while he was playing & then the BIGGY - he asked to go play in his room & I said yes, so I'm cooking dinner & I swear I smell something "poopy" so I go upstairs b/c tha'ts where it's coming from. DS is bottomless & covered in poop. He painted himself, some of the widow, wall & really smeared it into the carpet - it has to be replaced now. He even rolled one of his cars through it.

I have NO idea what to think... no idea how to handle it. DH cleaned him off & I did what I could to clean up the poop from the carpet, wall, etc. DH put him to bed way early & told him he is grounded for a week - no toys, movies, etc. That probably means books & school only (preschool - he's 3.5).

Any thoughts? Similar experiences? Should I worry? DS lied & said it was an accident - totally impossible considering the extent.

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about DS - would this concern you?

Wow- I feel for you- what a mess!
The extent of my kids playing in poop is trying to stick their fingers in a poopy dipe.
The only thing I can think of is possibly acting out. Is he having trouble at school? Has there been a major change recently?
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

that is wierd??
anything different going on in his life?? did it affect him when you had your sugery >???
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
kealoha
Registered Users

If it's unusual for him to do, I'd try to figure out what has changed in his life...it could be something small and seemingly insignificant. My kids, on the other hand, are poopy Picasso's. lol From about the age of 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 if I don't catch a poopy diaper within seconds of it happening, the diaper is off and the room is painted. *sigh*
kealoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

My sister used to do that when she wouldget mad at my parents for stuff. I.e. she got into trouble at the age of 2 for taking out all of her toys. My mom talked to her and placed her in ther crib. 5 minutes later, I walked into the room and a poopy masterpiece was all across the back of the wall and crib rails. This was not an isolated incident. Anytime she got into trouble or something "different" happened, she painted w/ poop.
crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i dont know mama, talk to his ped,
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

This is going to sound weird, but I'm going to post it anyway

my cousin had/has similar problems that started when he was roughly 2.5 years old. He likes the sensation of poop being in his pants. I'm thinking your ds is going around bottomless? You definitely need to talk to your pediatrician about it, and if it continues beyond age 3 seek the help of a psychologist and a gastroenterologist. My cousin is now 14 and only NOW has gotten proper treatment for this problem...

gosh, this sounds horrible... considering your situation may not be this extreme, but I did want to point out that it is a behavior that can continue if not properly addressed early on.

Could just be he's bored and wants to play in his poop or he's sensitive to the changes going on around him.

either way

Last edited by hackermd; 04-03-2007 at 09:55 PM.
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackermd View Post
This is going to sound weird, but I'm going to post it anyway

my cousin had/has similar problems that started when he was roughly 2.5 years old. He likes the sensation of poop being in his pants. I'm thinking your ds is going around bottomless? You definitely need to talk to your pediatrician about it, and if it continues beyond age 3 seek the help of a psychologist and a gastroenterologist. My cousin is now 14 and only NOW has gotten proper treatment for this problem...

gosh, this sounds horrible... considering your situation may not be this extreme, but I did want to point out that it is a behavior that can continue if not properly addressed early on.

Could just be he's bored and wants to play in his poop or he's sensitive to the changes going on around him.

either way
I dunno how he could be bored - he went to school, came home & we ate outside like a picnic, he played outside w/dad for hours & then asked to come inside specifically to play w/his trains in his room. We said sure. Then the poop incident.

What kind of psychological problem? You have me worried.

OBTW he is already older than 3. He turns 4 in Nov.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

OBTW for everyone that asked - no changes that we can come up with.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
pingumel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do you think he's acting out because of the upcoming adoption, somehow?