Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
esokitty
Registered Users

wool lovers - a poll for you!

Hi diaperswappers!

I'm new to cloth diapering, and have been enamoured with the idea of wool covers.

I'm leaning towards a fitted with a properly lanolized wool cover, and am wondering what all of you ladies recommend.

So, if money were no object, and you could choose anything you wanted for inside and for cover, what would you choose?

I'd like to try a few different options and then buy numerous of whatever works best!

Thanks in advance!

~erica and brady (5 month old baby boy!)

Advertisement

esokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wool lovers - a poll for you!

I haven't been able to try too many wool covers, but I have an aristocrats cover and I love it! It's wonderful for overnight. Under it we use a homemade fitted cotton diaper with inserts, I had a whole lot of them given to me by a lady I know. I've got a Luxe soaker coming though, I've read so many amazing things about them, I can't wait to get it!

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
gringacely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Luxe that I got on FSOT that I really like (very trim) and I really like the Imsey Vimsey Bumpy wool covers. They aren't pretty, but work great.

If money were no object I would like a Baby Bears set or Cranky Pants. I don't have either, but they are the cutest IMO.
gringacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Honestly for under I would use a good old fashioned prefold they seem more absorbent than most fitteds or I would have a butt load of Hillbilly bunny fitteds bc they are super absorbent and super trim. For covers I love my knitted wool and my Fave knitter is Michele from Belladonna Designs, I would probably buy enough wool from her to support her family if money was no object

As far as TYPE of wool. I think I like Targhee better for warmer longies, I'm afraid it's going to be too warm for the summer. Purewool and other soft merinos are great for soft factor but are really pilly and have to be shaved more often. Aran weight BFL is a great medium, not super heavy, not super pilly and dyes beautifully. I'm not as big on interlock covers but I just bought 2 fussybutt longie sets from FSOT so I'm hoping I like them
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

Favorite fitted - zephyrs. . .but they're so hard to score. They're trim, absorbent, and so soft if you get any of the velour options.

Favorite wool. . .
* Luxe pull ons - oh so trim under clothes, but not really naptime worthy for heavy wetters. They're cute but harder to score than zephyrs.
* Babyology - I like these because they're readily available (on ebay), very reasonably priced, and they are bullet-proof for night. They aren't the trimmest covers out there, but for night, there's nothing like 'em. It's not as soft as my Lana soaker, which is also very (soooooooooooooo cuddly soft), but the babyology is slightly more nightworthy than the lana. I have a 'crat and it's the roughest out of the bunch. . .so it hardly gets used.
* Baby Bear sets - sooooooooooooooooo freakin' cute. We have one set and we love it. But, also very hard to score.

I don't know. . .you really can't go wrong with a lot of the WAHMs on HC, here on DS, or even on other boards like DT. There's tons of mamas who knit or crochet really well.

Last edited by gabby's_mama; 04-03-2007 at 08:48 PM.
gabby's_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i love prefolds for under....but if money were no object lol....i would have a butt load of hillbillybunny's to go under . i also am in absolutely love with punky padding but they're hard to score though not as $$ as hillbilly. also from the LOOKS of them i'll love applebottom baby...but still haven't gotten mine yet lol.

for outter, i have yet to try targhee but have some undyed here that is SOOO YUMMY!!!!! i also really want to try corriedale. i do like interlock, esp for outside play as i wouldn't have to pick grass out and try to wash dirt out of the fibers lol.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw View Post
i love prefolds for under....but if money were no object lol....i would have a butt load of hillbillybunny's to go under . i also am in absolutely love with punky padding but they're hard to score though not as $$ as hillbilly. also from the LOOKS of them i'll love applebottom baby...but still haven't gotten mine yet lol.

for outter, i have yet to try targhee but have some undyed here that is SOOO YUMMY!!!!! i also really want to try corriedale. i do like interlock, esp for outside play as i wouldn't have to pick grass out and try to wash dirt out of the fibers lol.
butt load is so appropriate for diapers huh I bought 2 Ah May shorties just for the very reason of hoping to use them for outside play and they are DK colors I had some Corriedale yarn here and it was WAY too chunky for me so I sold it
Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If money were no object I'd probably go for an organic wool cover and a nice hemp fleece fitted with snaps.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #9
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anything I want huh? I would have to say I would want Baby beehinds Bamboo onesize fitteds or GAD's semi fitteds. Then I would have a handful of Celtic wool creations two layer side snap gusseted wolf covers in each size. (for nights and some outings). Then for the rest of the time I would use Pickle pants shorties and pickle pants longies, in custom dyed colors. Ahh the sheer joy of it. A girl can dream.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #10
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE Peewells fitteds from ClothEtc. They are very hyena new, but they hang on the FSOT sometimes. I have a heavy wetter and they are awesome.

For covers, I really like knitted shorties and crocheted soakers in colorful bright colorways. I also like wool interlock pull-ons. I make my own, so I haven't tried any other brands.