Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Hopetobe
Registered Users

Will it hold up? Wool and fitted at night, here goes try 2!

I don't have other babies to compare, but it seems thay my ds is a heavy wetter at night. I guess because he nurses fairly often. So, tonight my almost 6mo old is in a Babykicks hemp pocket fitted stuffed with a Best Bottoms Lg hemp insert and a Babykicks hemp prefold sz 2, along with a little cotton flannel wipe touching his skin, just to give the hemp a little more time to soak it up (I know, the wipe is probably just silly!), with a Disana wool soaker over it. Anyway, the Babykicks fitted and prefold was prepped at purchase by sewcraftybaby.com, so I've only washed it once. I'm a wee bit nervous as our first go at a fitted and wool cover did not turn out well. My fault, the fitted was not prepped enough and the Disana wool soaker was overly lanolized. What's your opinion, will it last all night (12+ hrs)? I hope so, but my plan is to check every few hours. He doesn't STTN, but screams if we change him at night, as he only partially wakes during the night to bf. Really don't want him to wake up crying in wet sheets or scream if we have to change him. What do you think - will it last?

Advertisement

Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Hopetobe
Registered Users

Combo seems to be good so far - almost 10 hrs on. I wonder how much time it wil take to soak thru a felted Disana cover, once the outside of the fitted feels wet/damp? Or, maybe the outside of the fitted doesn't feel damp yet because of the wool? Hmmm...
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Megap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will it hold up? Wool and fitted at night, here goes try 2!

If you went 10hours I would say your good! Wool and fitted overnight is my favorite!