Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #31
edition-of-one
Registered Users

Re: Help me with this rash please!!!

you can make your own detergent but it takes time

Advertisement

edition-of-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #32
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The PPs have all made valid points, but what makes me think this is similar to what was happening to my DS is that you said it will go away and then return.

That rash reminds me of the rash my DS2 was getting from PUL. It was localized to his wet-zone and in pretty much the exact areas in your photos. It would occur at varying intensities throughout the day and it never seemed to completely clear up w/"traditional" rash-related remedies.

What we had to do was use diapers w/stay-dry inners and either fleece or wool covers only. No PUL! PUL doesn't let air circulate so the area where baby pees stays quite humid and warm and that can be irritating to sensitive skin. If you'd like to read my story, I've posted it here on facebook.

boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #33
cmaniezzz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayer79 View Post
Try dropps from Target. They work well and are free and clear. Honestly, I'd just put a t shirt on him and air him out. I know it might be messy, but his bum needs to stay away from stuff right now. You might try a little cortaide as I'm sure that itches.
I use regular Dropps and it's been working wonder for us.. my night time diaper (flip organic) doesn't smell at all after 12 hours.. really.. don't smell.. I can even smell the scent of the detergent and not pee.. before the ammonia almost kill me.. Anyway, try do couple more extra rinses and air time really help.. I also give DS an oatmeal bath (with Aveeno baby one) for 20 minutes and it calm down the redness

Knita's Knitting YYMN/MYMN custom
Like myFacebook page to win free YYMN
cmaniezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #34
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD has AWEFUL rash problems - sposies/cloth/synthetic/natural/organic/non - it doesn't matter. So... what I do is: let her run around naked as much as possible (we live in Ireland, so she gets lots of layers on tops, leggings, and socks and shoes.

We use fleece liners and the best rash cream so far... morhulin

Like I said, I'm in Ireland, but but you can buy it online. If she has a really really bad rash (skin layers rubbing off, etc) it takes about 1-2 days to clear up. If I catch it in time, just one dose and she's fine.

http://www.morhulin.com/
http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/prod...tment-50g.html

Let me know if this helps!
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #35
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With zinc oxide and cod liver oil, that cream sounds quite similar to Desitin.

boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote