Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Changing a fitted to an AIO

Soooo, there's a super cute diaper on HC in a HTF print that I MUST OWN. The only problem is that it's a fitted and we really dislike fitteds. (I might be open to trying one again, but I'm sure everyone else would forget that this one single diaper required a cover. We have a few diapers with hidden PUL.)

So I was wondering if it's possible to pick apart a fitted and insert a hidden layer of PUL. Has anyone attempted this before? What about snaps? There are snaps on the tabs that go through/on all layers. All of the other snaps seem to be only on the outside layer.

Thoughts? Tips? Anyone willing to do it for me? I know I'm crazed, but I want this diaper so bad!

Advertisement

Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Changing a fitted to an AIO

It would be easier if it were Velcro closure. The problem with the snaps is that you can't remove them without cutting them out leaving holes in the diaper.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

sorry mama - I think it would be much harder than its worth!

Try asking the seller if she has more fabric and can do a custom for you. Or find the fabric and ask another WAHM to do a SYOF for you. WAHMs are often wonderfully eager-to-please and willing to create exactly what you want!

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
OK, good to know that taking the snaps off would leave holes. That was my biggest unknown.

I will try to contact the wahm about a custom, good idea.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
xixicama
Registered Users
seller

you can remove snaps without "Cutting" them out. yes, it will leave a SMALL hole where the post was, but arent you going to put a snap back on anyway? just use the same hole and no one will be the wiser. if the snaps are only through all layers on the wings, i dont see why this would be a huge deal.
i, being a WAHM, agree that your idea though is much more work than it may be worth. do you know the print name? or can you link me to the diaper? i have several very hard to find fabrics in my stash and might be able to help you out
Old 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
okay, so a hole for the snap post, that makes sense. I imagine it could be difficult to line the holes up exactly again when you're putting it all together again. But that's good to know!

The print is Sorbet giraffes. love it!