Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
weldababy
Registered Users
seller

Anyone PT after using Grovia

We are going to start PTing in a month and we currently use Grovia AI2's. I'm just wondering because I think he can feel wet now in the Grovia's. Does that mean we'll have a challenge with him caring that he's wet when we put him in undies or training pants?

Advertisement

weldababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
weldababy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone PT after using Grovia

Hum...maybe they haven't been around that long. Anyone?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
mommy2Ashlinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it just depends on the kid. I use GroVia exclusively and two days after my daughter turned 2, she decided to potty-train herself. She asked to use the potty and actually went. We all got so excited for her and made up a little potty dance that she was excited and decided she was done with diapers, that we didn't even need to dig out the stickers we purchased for her in anticipation. She still does GroVia at naptime and overnight, but hasn't had a single accident since she decided to PT herself other than at daycare, let me explain.

I feel like training pants feel too much like a diaper. I've read that it's best, especially if you're child is under 3, to go bare naked, at least for the first month, whenever possible. If they think they're wearing a diaper (training pants) and get really interested in a particular task, they're not going to feel like stopping to run to the potty so they'll just go, assuming all is well with the "diaper". At home, we have her run around butt-naked with maybe a shirt or skirt to make it easy, but no undies. She WILL NOT go if she's naked and will remember to use her potty. At daycare, our caregiver was not trusting of her overnight success with PT'ing so she put training pants on her. She pee'd in them almost immediately and seemed confused when our caregiver called her out on it. She's a quick learning though, so after 2 accidents on day 1 and 1 accident on day 2 and hearing over and over that she was wearing undies, so no pee pee in the undies, she got it figured out.

Maybe try the butt naked thing when you feel your little guy is ready so they can see right away what's happening with their body and realize that they're not wearing a diaper, and when you get that a little more established, try the training pants. Like I said though, every kiddo is different, so do whatever works best for your family. Good luck!
mommy2Ashlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
weldababy
Registered Users
seller

That's really some of the best advice I've ever heard about PTing. Thanks so much Mommy2Ashlinn
Old 02-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
lavcet
Registered Users

We also have had good sucess with being naked at home. I started with 3 days of planned lots of juice and rolled up the rug and had 2 potty chairs easy to get to. On day 2 there were only 2 pees on the floor and day 3, NONE! But, when she does have a diaper on......or her training pants she does go. She doesn't know how to pull them down yet.
lavcet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I agree with the naked time. My second child thought trainers were the same
As diapers. As long as he had one on he wouldn't use the potty.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote