Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super disappointed with Cottonbabies!

I dunno, I wouldn't be complaining... they were $6! Like we say to the kindergarten class, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I dunno, I wouldn't be complaining... they were $6! Like we say to the kindergarten class, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
half of mine were also sweet...I didn't like it at first, but it is growing on me!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't mean to sound like I'm throwing a fit , but I just don't consider it a boy color. Apparently I'm not the only one complaining bc she said they are now adding a list to show what colors fall under the girl, boy, and neutral categories. I guess I meant to say this sweet/mint is super pastel and more suited for a girl than a toddler boy IMO.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is weird to me that the yellows are GN and their pale pastels are boy. I would consider them the other way around. Of course I would use them still.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayer79 View Post
I don't mean to sound like I'm throwing a fit , but I just don't consider it a boy color. Apparently I'm not the only one complaining bc she said they are now adding a list to show what colors fall under the girl, boy, and neutral categories. I guess I meant to say this sweet/mint is super pastel and more suited for a girl than a toddler boy IMO.
I understood what you meant! Everyone has their opinions on colors and what gender they are more suited for. For instance, I like the sweet and noodle colors. Some don't. But all you can do is request, so to them it's just that, a request. Some get what they want and some don't. I was one of those since I requested a grasshopper, but didn't get one. But hey, no biggie right? There is a swap thread and I'm sure someone would like to switch with you. Good luck!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smom050811

I understood what you meant! Everyone has their opinions on colors and what gender they are more suited for. For instance, I like the sweet and noodle colors. Some don't. But all you can do is request, so to them it's just that, a request. Some get what they want and some don't. I was one of those since I requested a grasshopper, but didn't get one. But hey, no biggie right? There is a swap thread and I'm sure someone would like to switch with you. Good luck!
Thanks! I'll look into the swap. I know what you mean about colors, it seems ribbit is not a favorite to most, but I love it! : )
Old 07-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayer79 View Post
It's not that you were throwing a fit, it's just a saying. But my point is it's the concept of complaining about a really good deal. It's a diaper, which usually goes underneath clothing anyway. Your title is that you're "super disappointed" with Cottonbabies. You got your order overnight, which was free shipping when I bought mine last week. So you got free overnight shipping and think mint is too girly. I get it, but I wouldn't be super diappointed since it was an AWESOME deal.
And I'm sure she is making changes to quiet down the simmering pot of people who are confused about what is GN, boyish, girly, etc. I've never had an issue with Cottonbabies customer service. I'm sure they'll do what they can to make it right.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #18
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

In my experience, they NEVER send you what you request. Boo. I can understand your disappointment when you probably wanted bright/dark colors. Those would probably be my first choice too, but I think generally "gender neutral" and "boy" are probably going to come from the same pile... just no pink or purple. Those are the only colors that I would consider really "girly" and honestly I would put them on a boy if they were only $6. My boy wears sposie princess pull-ups because they were free. Sorry you didn't get what you wanted though. I don't think you're throwing a fit.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #19
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted! I think Sweet is definately gender neutral and would be cute for a boy. I have two boys and I love pastels! We did the Cottonbabies grab bag a while back and chose girl and got moonbeam. You get what you get-was I disappointed? A little but hey that's what FSOT is for
aliciamarie632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
Googly Bear
Registered Users
Formerly: Leighznich
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I think if you are going to be picky about colors, you buy first quality retail and choose the colors. Clearance items are a get what you get kind of thing. And for $6 each with free shipping? I wouldn't be disappointed if they sent me sparkly hot pink for my boy! I don't think they should even offer the option of choosing "boy, girl, GN" on their clearance seconds sales, honestly.

FWIW, my baby boy wore a bubble BG aio this morning, so obviously I don't care too much about the color of his diaper, lol.