Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Users
Question Underwear vs. CD? an earlier post I wrote, my DS is on a EC strike. So going on a week now, and as I'm pondering if I should just let it momentarily give up the potty, or offer him the potty less, another idea hit me: maybe if I used normal undies on him, instead of cd's he'd recognize the sensation more fully and possibly motivate him to go back to the potty? Suggestions? Good idea, bad idea? I guess the worse that could happen is that I would have to change his pants constantly...

CLoveGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Underwear vs. CD?

Do you ever let him go diaper free? When DD seemed uninterested, I let her play outside withut a diaper. It led to her doing the potty sign and, now holding it. I'm thinking of putting panties on her outside to see if she's really holding or if I'm not paying enough attention.

Married to DH for 18 years, Mom to a little miracle queen bee (3/10)
silvermaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Users

I have 3 EC graduates. When they were about 12-13 months we went went to trainers full time.
We used gerber trainers partly before that, but once the turned one, IMO it was a good milstone marker to go full time trainers/undies.
We do bare bummed too, sometimes at that age. This is when the weather is warm and being outside helps.

Gerber trainers were cheap so I got about 10 pairs. We were not have poo accidnets anymore at that age. Well, there were a few but didnt justify the used of daipers.
For my EC winter one year old we did trainers with longies over them or baby legs.
jessicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Registered Users

i'm using cd's that are NOT stay/feel dry. if you want something that's a little bit of both, i know a fantabulous etsy mom that converts prefolds to trainers!! you should check her out:
bb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote