Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymom
I don't think I want to try BGE. I wish they hadn't discontinued their other AIOs.
I have some snap converted bg aio (2.0) if you want em.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a whole stash of bge. Love they are super trim (prob one if the trimmest out there). After 20 mths they are starting to get holes but they have paid for them selves. Natural fibers are not as durable. I would never sell or buy anything with holes. I will give mine away at the end if there are holes.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have a full stash of them. I tried GroVia AIO, bottom bumpers, bright star baby and bge. They were all super trim but only the bge were absorbent enough. The others all leaked where the cotton inner meets the outter PUL. Bge have a flap all around the inside so we get no wicking with them. I love how we never get red marks either. Organic cotton is just prone to holes after all the many washes required in cd. After 8 months if trying different diapers, they are the ones that finally made me stop looking anymore. Just like with every other diaper, some love them, some don't.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
rachelrhin0
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can someone explain BG Elementals to me?

I love these diapers. I had 2 when Noah was a NB. They still look brand new with no hold and no look of wear. They are the 1st in my stash to go on his bum. So I just bought 5 more and I will be getting 2 more when JAck Be Natural restocks.

This diaper is SUPER DUPER trim, it dries fastER than most AIO diapers, it cleans easy, and it's organic cotton and hold a lot of wetness. These are my ALL TIME favorites!! I want 24 total right now I have 7 soon to be 9. By time I have another baby I will have the 24 that I want.

Oh and these diapers make the perfect on the go diaper!
rachelrhin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have tried SO many diapers and systems and this has just worked the best for us as they are dependable and wash great...it takes a bit to dry but I don't care. They are super absorbent, trim, cotton, no red marks. The holes are the nature of the organic cotton...unfortunately. Mine don't have any...so far.

Last edited by 4littlenorskes; 07-23-2011 at 07:05 PM.
4littlenorskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #16
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

I saw a couple posts on FSOT trade where every diaper had holes. I was wondering what they did to cause that, mine don't have any holes at all! I didn't want to try them because of the price, but then I saw one in an actual CD store and it felt sooo nice. I tried one on DD and they fit perfectly on her, so trim and absorbent. They are super easy to use and for an AIO, the drying time is not bad. Any AIO will take longer than a pocket, but these only take a little longer than my inserts and other things. If I dry them outside, they dry in a couple hours.

I only had 12 and want at least 12 more for our next baby. They were our perfect diaper, we love them here.

DD1 10/06, DD2 3/09, and a BOY due 4/4/2012!
beesbaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes View Post
I have tried SO many diapers and systems and this has just worked the best for us as they are dependable and wash great...it takes a bit to dry but I don't care. They are super absorbent, trim, cotton, no red marks. The holes are the nature of the organic cotton...unfortunately. Mine don't have any...so far.

Totally agree - I've been using them since they first came out - I'm not even sure when - DS was born in 2006 and they weren't out then, but in 2008 with DD they were out. So maybe fall of 2007. Anyhow - We started with aplix and I still have a good number of those - in three or four years of use they have gotten holes - but I'm on my 4th to cd with.

I too feel like I have tried every system out there (as you can tell my my transaction post count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesbaby2 View Post
I saw a couple posts on FSOT trade where every diaper had holes. I was wondering what they did to cause that, mine don't have any holes at all! I didn't want to try them because of the price, but then I saw one in an actual CD store and it felt sooo nice. I tried one on DD and they fit perfectly on her, so trim and absorbent. They are super easy to use and for an AIO, the drying time is not bad. Any AIO will take longer than a pocket, but these only take a little longer than my inserts and other things. If I dry them outside, they dry in a couple hours.

I only had 12 and want at least 12 more for our next baby. They were our perfect diaper, we love them here.

Agreed - they are definitely worth the price. Their seconds sales when they have them are a good time to buy them.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

They are ok. We had some leak issues if we werent super careful about making sure the extra material around the legs wasnt completely tucked in. The holes are the "nature of the beast" I guess you'd say. All cotton dipes are prone to hole over time, but they dont really affect the function. There are several layers of material, and the holes are usually only in the top layer. The holes also tend to be very small, and they mainly show up where the soaker is attached and around the leg casings. As long as none of the inner material was sticking out around the legs, we had no leaks, even with the holes. The holes do not go through all the layers of cotton, or through the PUL. As far as selling dipes with holes, I feel that as long as the dipes are priced accordingly, I would still buy them as long as the holes did not affect function.

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote