Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are making progress, finally!

Finally, we are moving forward with the journey towards a LO. I have PCOS and DH had a condition that caused urine to backflow and kill his sperm. He finally had his surgery done, should last 30 yrs. I was finally prescribed Metformin. I was on Prometrium, hated the side effects and stopped taking it, but AF never came. The second day I took Met, I started spotting. Which was a week late from the Prometrium induced cycle, but 10 days before my last unmedicated one. I also quit drinking all soda and dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks. We go to my GYN on the 12 for the test where they put dye in my uterus, I forgot the name. Then the day after that he returns to his dr to see how well he has healed and we will discuss fertility and when he can do a sperm analysis again. His Dr believes that the surgery will cure all the issues we are having on his end. I'm actullay excited now.
I had been depressed, we all know the pain of infertility. Watching my friends have babies, some were accidents, and we are struggling for one. I'm in a better mind set I guess. I'm ready for all this to be over, the infertility that is, and for us to get back to TTC. I may need Clomid, and that's fine. We decided that I will not be on any form of BC. It messes me up so much, and if we have more after this one, then wonderful. I hope you other mamas or mamas to be that are struggling get some kind of breakthru, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. It will get better, I know I thought it wouldn't, I was almost resigned to never having a child with DH, and here we are, possibly a month away from TTC with an actual chance at conception. It has been a blessing to talk to all of you on this board, I have no one IRL, except my Doula, who understands, or even cares to listen to me. Thanks ladies!!

Advertisement

Rebecca- wife to my best friend and soul mate Cliff, mom to 9 yr old DD LillyTTC #2 We will ,
wantsanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That's amazing mama! It's so wonderful when modern science can cure what is holding us back from our parenting dreams. I pray that everything works out for you and next month you're on your way to a BFP!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: We are making progress, finally!

thanks for sharing your story! It's an uplifting experience when you realize things are actually getting done. Sounds like you're doing positive things to get yourselves ready for a baby. I hope your wait isn't much longer!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Yay! Sounds so promising! I hope your wait for a LO is short from here!!

Cindy
Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies!! I'm hoping to O in my Aug/sept cycle. His sperm tests should be back by then, and I'll have been on the Met long enough, add in some clomid and I'm hoping it'll work. I concieved DD, who is now 9, in August. She's not happy about a sibling at all. So, maybe they won't share a b-day, she was early. Again, thanks for all the encouraging words Mamas!
Rebecca- wife to my best friend and soul mate Cliff, mom to 9 yr old DD LillyTTC #2 We will ,
Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

So glad you're making headway!

You might want to check out femera - I know a lot of ladies on here have used it and had better luck (and fewer unpleasant side effects) with it than with clomid.

No matter what you decide - hope that BFP comes swiftly!
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!! But after some talking with Dh, we are just gonna wait a bit and take care of DD then procede. But I am still gonna get all the tests done that we need for the future.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SInce DD is doing well and is happy for a sibling, we have decided to continue. I am so happy that I have a normal cycle. 31 days. Woot! Hoping for ovulation this cycle and a BFP. This is my firat normal cycle in a year. Thank you metformin and weightloss.