Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
jenbo
Registered Users

Re: Baby Food Storage Containers...your favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof_3 View Post
We never really used baby food in our house but my cousin does and she uses these.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B004B7R3L2
They are a bit expensive but really nice and I've seen them get dropped even and they don't break.
Ooooo... likie!

Advertisement

jenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know I didn't start this thread, but thank you OP! I needed to ask this very question and just went on amazon and ordered a few things

Also, OP, congrats on the adoption! I am an adoptive mama (twice ) so I know what a good feeling it is.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

FWIW, I use these:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I love that they have screw on lids, I can throw them in the diaper bag if needed without worry of a lid popping off.

congrats on the adoption!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
skyler189
Registered Users

We've made all DD's food. We freeze the food into cubes, and then pop the cubes out and store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. When it's time to eat, we take out as many cubes as we need and thaw them in the microwave. DD is 16 months now, and still unable to eat regular food due to a strong gag reflex (she got that from me) and only having 4 front teeth so far - she chokes and gags when she tries to eat regular food, so we puree everything for her.

We've tried a few different freezer trays, and our favorites are the Wilton mini brownie silicone baking pans. Many of the others have torn when trying to get some of the frozen food out, but these are tough and easy to use. And when baby food time is over, you can bake in them!

We freeze all kinds of food for DD. Beef stir-fry. Coconut chicken curry. Califlower and broccoli rabe in garlic sauce. We also do a lot of fruit, and stir it into plain (unsweetened) yogurt - DD LOVES this. This weekend, to the big bowl of yogurt with pureed blackberries and peaches stirred in, she said MMMMMMMM.
skyler189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use the wilton mini brownie silicone baking tray as well. It's a good product and I love that I can use it for things other than baby food later
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #16
rachelanne820
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a brownie tray today for freezing baby food. I wish I could have found small glass storage containers with lids at the store. I got glass custard bowls fir feeding but still dont know what I'll use fir storing fridge? Did you get one of the containers mentioned above? I really like the glass ones...but so pricey.