Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

3 day potty training recently?

I just bought this last week and sent her a couple questions via the "mentoring" form on her website. I still haven't heard back from her. We were going to start this tomorrow because my oldest will be at her Nana's all week and it will be a great time for me to focus only on my youngest. I found most of the info online anyway, but bought the book so I could ask questions if I needed. She claims to answer within 24 hours at the most, but it has been several days. Anyone done this recently? Did she help you? I am kind of regretting the purchase now, hope it works.

Advertisement

DD1 10/06, DD2 3/09, and a BOY due 4/4/2012!
beesbaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 3 day potty training recently?

I never contacted her, but I borrowed the book from a friend. It works to an extent. My son had it down by day 3, but didn't want to go to the potty so he'd potty dance, then wet himself. It turned out to be too much stress for the both of us.

However, he was only 22 months at the time. I will give it a shot again around 2.5 or maybe sooner. I didn't do the whole straight undies at night and nap. Waking up soaked really upset him (I knew it was expected, but he was truly upset waking up soaked).
Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

I used this and contacted her with ds, but that was a while ago. As I recall, it did take her most picture 24 hour window to get back, and honestly I'm sure it was an employey reading a script on what to tell people, which slightly disappointed me since I felt the book led you to believe that in most cases SHE was the one who answered the questions. I would say send another email if you didn't get an answer. And it does work in most cases if you are very consistent.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

She finally did respond to me. It is working great for my DD. She has stayed dry all night and during naps all week long. She even goes in by herself without telling me. She has been in only panties all week. She did have a couple poop accidents, but hopefully she is over that since she is going without even telling me now. I have found that she is getting really annoyed with my constant reminders as the book says. She is stubborn and doesn't want to be reminded. I quit reminding her as often and she has kept her panties dry and goes in on her own. The only issue now is that she poops in the potty and then tells me, and I haven't gotten to wipe her before she pulls her panties back up.

I am very impressed with her progress so far though.

Last edited by beesbaby2; 07-29-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesbaby2 View Post
She finally did respond to me. It is working great for my DD. She has stayed dry all night and during naps all week long. She even goes in by herself without telling me. She has been in only panties all week. She did have a couple poop accidents, but hopefully she is over that since she is going without even telling me now. I have found that she is getting really annoyed with my constant reminders as the book says. She is stubborn and doesn't want to be reminded. I quit reminding her as often and she has kept her panties dry and goes in on her own. The only issue now is that she poops in the potty and then tells me, and I haven't gotten to wipe her before she pulls her panties back up.

I am very impressed with her progress so far though.
Dude, my dd does the same thing, except she just takes her pants off when she goes, so by the time I discover it, she's usually been on the couch or carpet or in my bed . Awesome that the 3 day is going so well for you!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

Oh no! Haha, yeah that would be a problem!!! My four year old has been wiping herself for a long time now. She still doesn't do the best job sometimes. I just don't look anymore, lol.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
katyldf
Registered Users
seller

We used the 3 day and quit bc DH couldn't handle it (DD trained but regressed from stress at home) so now we are trying again... Wednesday and Thursday I just kind of let her do her thing and today we buckled down and started working hard with her... no luck yet but I know it took until day 3 last time but it was amazing!! I hope it works as well this time also! I just asked her a question today so hopefully I will get an answer back soon!!
katyldf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used it for DS when he was 3 1/2. It took 5 days but I anticipated that since he has ASD. A year and a half later, he's still a bedwetter (employed her methods for six months, no dice - I think there are exceptions to the rule despite her claims). PS It also took him 2 weeks to get him to relax enough to #2 in the potty - he'd hold it until he fell asleep at night and then release. Still, he's one of the only kids in his high-functioning special ed Pre-K class who is 100% daytime PL'd, so I do recommend it to spectrum families.

Since she claims it's prime for 20-22 month-olds, I decided to give it a whirl with DD (who is 22 months). Her baby sister is due the same week as her B-day and I don't want two in diapers with an impending CS. We're on day 3 and it's not clicking yet. I don't really think she's ready. We had 2 successes yesterday morning but she seems to have lost the jive (though she shows no interest in returning to dipes either). I'd give it another couple of days but I'm running the church nursery for 4 hours tomorrow and DH has to work ... so much for that idea. I'll stick it out 'til bedtime, though ... and I'm debating whether I "let it go" entirely for 2-4 weeks and then return or whether I should take the pressure off tomorrow and then just try to watch her closer to get her to the potty when I catch her in the act - even in dipes.

I concur with the other posters about the helpdesk. She has family members in her employ how "know the routine" and respond, but not for anywhere from 24-48 hours. I've also been thinking of writing her about the "diaper-throw-out" aspect with the rise in return to CD. I can't think of many CD mamas who would toss their dipes in the garbage when they're still usable or resellable! A 2-YO is savvy to the difference between "trash" and "storage box", so she might need to think about that aspect for future editions.

Last edited by Havah; 09-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote