Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Best Pregnancy Pillow?

Anyone have recommendations for a good pregnancy pillow?

There seem to be a lot of them out there: Boppy, Leachco, Comfort U etc., they seem to vary pretty widely in price, and I have no idea which would be best, but at $40-$100+, I don't want to have to buy more than one. This is my first pregnancy, but hopefully not my last, so I'd love to get something that will last through several.

I'm at 26 weeks now and have been sleeping with about 6 pillows all around me for the past 6-8 weeks. I woke up two days ago with excruciating pain in my left abdomen that lasted about 2-3 hrs. after I woke up. I think I'd been sleeping almost on my stomach, but also side-ish. I sleep very heavily and it didn't wake me up, but if it was from the position I was sleeping in, I don't want to repeat the experience. As my belly's getting bigger, I'm finding it harder for my pillow system to work.

Advertisement

2DaneMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Wendylady
Registered Users

Re: Best Pregnancy Pillow?

I've been looking at them as well, my hips have started hurting lately, especially at night. From what I remember from my last two pregnancies is that any pillow(s) that support the head,under the belly, between the knees and maybe the back as well would work. Sounds like you need to start putting something under your belly as well to keep you on your side? Unfortunately even with all the pillows in the world the pain may not go away. With my second I hurt so much the last two months anytime I slept that I really didn't get much sleep at all.

For me I'm going to be picking up an inexpensive body pillow rather than one designated for pregnant women. I haven't tried any of those but I can't see paying that much more money for something that may or may not work. I have small pillows I can stick under my belly when I get to that point but right now I just need something between my knees to support my hips.

Although I did just find this site and all those pillows look really comfortable...

http://www.pregnancypillowsreviews.com/

Last edited by Wendylady; 07-25-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Wendylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had the boppy pregnancy pillow with my 1st pregnancy and it got flat quick and didn't support me well.

Someone just gave me this pillow http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0002E7DIQ and it is the BEST thing ever. I've been sleeping so good lately when before I couldn't get comfortable. It's worth every penny.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

I have the Leachco Back N Belly Body Pillow and I LOVE it. love it so so much -- got it when I was around 6 mos and have been sleeping great ever since. I should warn you, though -- it's huge. We have a king bed, so it's not a big deal, but it might be tight if you sleep in a queen with your DH.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this and love it! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000LTN72S the pillow part comes out of the mattress topper. So this lasts from pregnancy and beyond
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
alyssamaile
Registered Users
seller

i have a leacho Snoogle and I absolutely LOVE it. i think it cost me about $40.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssamaile View Post
I used a Snoogle, too, and I loved it! I think I might have gotten it on Amazon... I'm not totally sure, it was quite some time ago.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

My fav has actually been a $10 body pillow from Wal-Mart because its soft enough to actually mold to your body comfortably and still move with you. Tried my sister's Boppy pregnancy pillow and my friend's Snoogle (sp?) pillow, wasn't really impressed with either of them...they were either too firm, too uneven in firmness/squishiness, or they just didn't move with me in the middle of the night and it was more like having a large caterpillar in bed with us vs. an extra pillow If I wanted to move it was a get up out of bed, arrange the pillow (and likely untie it from the blankets), get back in bed, rearrange the pillow, then hope I fall back asleep type cycle...at least with the body pillow I can roll over with it and it kinda keep form to the point where I can stay asleep occasionally
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendylady View Post
Sounds like you need to start putting something under your belly as well to keep you on your side?
Yeah, I've been putting a pillow (down, so it sort of molds around me) under my belly, one at my back that's firm memory foam, one between my knees/legs and one under my head that I "hug," but they all seem to shift and spread apart when I sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Someone just gave me this pillow http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0002E7DIQ and it is the BEST thing ever. I've been sleeping so good lately when before I couldn't get comfortable. It's worth every penny.
Thanks! Good to know about the boppy pillow, I saw one in a store, and it kinda looked like it might get flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateroc View Post
I should warn you, though -- it's huge. We have a king bed, so it's not a big deal, but it might be tight if you sleep in a queen with your DH.
We do have a Q. Hopefully switching to a Cal K., but probably not 'til after LO is here, maybe we'll have to sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaynasmommy View Post
I have this and love it! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000LTN72S the pillow part comes out of the mattress topper. So this lasts from pregnancy and beyond
How does it work during pregnancy? Do you use the "body pillow" part on your front or against your back. It looks like it might be too firm/tall in front to work around the belly.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashncakes View Post
it was more like having a large caterpillar in bed with us vs. an extra pillow
That's one of the things I worry about with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTeacher View Post
I used a Snoogle, too, and I loved it! I think I might have gotten it on Amazon... I'm not totally sure, it was quite some time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssamaile View Post
Thanks! Looks like a lot of people are happy with their Snoogles.