Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Re: FFS vs. Miracle diapers

I think FFS is nice when someone is in need but doesn't necessicarity want to go to MD and apply for that many diapers- only want a few different things to try..

BUT it's hard to screen those through FFS, yk, unless you "know" them from the board or elsewhere.. and even then there are those who take advantage.. if that makes sense???

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #12
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Personally, I'd give to MD instead of do FFS - I just love what MD is all about
Old 06-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #13
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
Personally, I'd give to MD instead of do FFS - I just love what MD is all about

I have given stuff away FFS, but from now on it's all going to Miracle Diapers. It's just too disappointing to see the dipes you just gave to someone FFS on eBay a week later. At least with Miracle Diapers, when the mama's done with them they get returned to Miracle Diapers and go to another mama in need.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckers1111
I think if you did ffs and stated that you would really like it to go to a mama who really needed it.
That's what I've done- I gave away a brand new soaker and specified I wanted it to go to someone who needed it and would use it soon. I still got a couple of mamas who were still TTC ask for it, lol, but it wound up going somewhere it'll be loved.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #15
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

I honestly think it should be whatever you feel is the right choice. I am new to cding and can't financially afford cd's and sposies are so dang expensive. I also have applied to miracle diapers the shipping for miracle diapers for me would be 12.00 not bad for the amount of diapers. I am still waiting to hear back but as I have been told there is a big waiting list. So miracle diapers is a good idea. So is ffs I am always looking for some sort of good deal on dipes and ffs dipes seem to go fast most of the time. I know however I always feel good when I help someone out even when i can't always afford it.
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #16
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I"ve always been confused.... but I always thought that the FFS board was more or less where old diaps go to be "run into the ground" as it were. If they are in any kind of decent shape, I always thought they were sold for more money. I know I've benefited from the FFS board and I'm 38 weeks along with my first baby--so I guess I haven't "used" them yet... but, as long as you know the mama, I don't think it's really fair to judge who should get it and who shouldn't based on apparent "need". Speaking as a woman who TTC for 3 years, sometimes getting some fluff in the mail without making a major investment is really, REALLY nice for a mama--almost like hope is on the way! Or what if they are fixing them up for a friend who might want to try cloth diapering? It's just a shame there are people who would resell them though or scam. It really is.

I do think MD is really great though. It's great to have an actual organization--but in a way, DS in general is kind of like a big "trading market". I know if I have recieved any FFS diaps that still have ANY kind of life in them by the time we're done with them they'd go straight back up to the FFS area. Like I said though, there ARE people that wouldn't think like this--and that's a shame, because without the FFS board and UNBELIEVABLY kind mothers on this board, I wouldn't have the varity that I have now to use on my new little one.

I guess it's all down to Karma... once it leaves your house (either FFS or MD) than you are left with the good Karma... and whoever recieves it is left that with their own choice.

Sorry for the ramble... but I really do appreciate if/when I'm able to catch something FFS that I REALLY think I will need (some mamas are F-A-S-T on that board!)... I can't wait to start using what I've got and then share the love.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote