Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

What size fitted?

DS is finally outgrowing his newborn pf's and xs covers, I was going to switch to pockets, but we have been having leaks so I want to stick w/ covers (and I love pf's). I am feeling like I want to try fitteds but am unsure of what size. He is 4mo, around 12.5lbs, fairly skinny... so should I go w/ smalls or mediums? Or does it just depend on the fitted? I am not a OS kind of gal, but want something that will last for a while.
And a side question, I know I would like some snaps for when we go coverless, are snapped fitteds bulkier than a snappied under a (snap) cover? (enough snaps for ya????)

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What size fitted?

I would look at the size chart of the fitted you want to buy. Make sure you measure his rise and waist - that is the best way to get the best fit. Sometimes you really can't go by weight of your baby, but their size. I know my ds can fit into diapers that weight rise he shouldn't be able to. I like the Muttaqin Baby 3SR's - they are os but they would fit forever. really absorbent and cute!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
alirebco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What size fitted?

I think smalls or mediums depending on the brand. You can also do one-size fitted. My DD is about the same age and weight and I only use prefolds and fitteds on her. I use one-size fitteds on her though. I've been trying to find some nice sized fitteds in prints but have had no luck. I know people like the ME Sandies and those are sized and tend to last a while. In Mutts, he would be in a Medium Babyshapes. There's also Bamboozles which people like and they come in 2 sizes, as well as Thirsties Fitteds (I haven't tried these).

I don't think snapped fitteds are bulkier, the bulkier fitteds are ones that are one-size. I personally use and love Sbish snapless fitteds which are one-size. I also use the Sbish obf fitteds for nighttime.