Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
missygirl
Registered Users

Question BF with major PMS symptoms, but no period.

DS is 10 months old, and my period hasn't started back up yet. The last two days have thrown me for a major loop because I have been experiencing some major PMS! This is the kind that has me feeling more like a bear then a mom. I'm extremely irritable about EVERYTHING, and my skin is breaking out too. No sign of "aunt Flo" yet, but I'm curious if maybe this is a little warning that she is on her way. Has anyone else experienced PMS while nursing before AF returned, and did you get your period pretty soon after? I'm curious if the PMS is more severe because my cycle could be starting back up again, and hopefully it will taper off after that!! I really, really hate feeling this way.

I'm not looking forward to having a period again, but heck I've enjoyed 41 weeks during pregnancy, plus the last 10.5 months without it. I guess it's gotta come back sooner or later.

Advertisement

missygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started getting PMS symptoms about two months before AF came back.

I'm on my phone and the touchscreen hates me so my posts are short, to the point and probably misspelled.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
kneadedmommato4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF with major PMS symptoms, but no period.

Not sure I can give you a head's up on your period returning, but PMS like this might show that your natural levels of hormonal balance may not right for you. If you're able and open to it, acupuncture could be very helpful with this....just an fyi. Good luck getting back on the river raft either way!
kneadedmommato4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
MissyMia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF with major PMS symptoms, but no period.

I just talked to my OB/GYN and she thinks I am having super bad PMS symtoms because I am breastfeeding, have af back, and I am on no sort of hormonal birth control this time around. Everything is over exaggerated. It is awful and I can't wait to get back on birth control to keep it all at bay. I have worse acne now then I did in high school. Cramps and irritability are crazy, and I have bad nausea during the first half of my cycle. Which is bad since my cycle isn't regulated yet and it long. Everybody is different though.