Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

Re: Double jogging stroller recs?

I have the Instep Safari (<$200). We've only taken it out to test it so far since the baby isn't here yet, but I really like it! It has a front swivel wheel so it drives really well, but won't as work well if you are planning to acutally run with it. If you are a big runner then you'll need one with a fixed front wheel.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
~Bug~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_mb3 View Post
We have the Instep Safari TT Double and LOVE it!!!
We love this stroller! And I don't jog either. It's perfect for our long walks and pretty good quality IMO. (But I've never pushed a $500 stroller, so I can't compare) We got it at Burlington for $160. It was last years model too. But I would check your local classifieds. I've seen a number of good ones on the classifieds here for pretty cheap.

Danielle
Mommy to to DS (2 years old) and DD (1 year old)
EDD - Oct 2008
~Bug~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
orangemnms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I can tell you what NOT to get, I had a Tike Tech Double Trouble once upon a time, and it was HORRID. I broke the handlebar just trying to push the dang thing, then to add insult to injury, the customer service dept took three weeks to respond to me, only to tell me that the "replacement part" was over $100. Doh.
orangemnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #14
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I have a baby jogger double/twinner. Its a bit of an older model, but I got it used on ebay for $150. Its great! I dont take it to the mall or anything, but it works great for my special needs 7.5 yr old dd and 16 month old dd for long walks.

I say check out ebay! You can usually find good deals on used ones.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #15
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
I love my Dreamer Design Ditto!!!! Best money I have ever spent. They are around $300, but make sure you look online for the best deal, including ebay, where I got mine brand new for $277 with free shipping.
I LOVE Dreamer Design! I have a single and it's WONDERFUL! I bought mine on Ebay. Look there!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #16
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aept View Post
We are looking at single jog strollers and like the Baby-jogger Q series. The instep ones seem pretty decent, too, and are less $. One thing we have learned in our search is the difference between swivel wheel or fixed (non-swiveling) front wheels. If you are using it for truly jogging or fast walking for exercise, a fixed wheel is probably better as it is more sturdy and less wobbly when you get going fast. (Yes, even if the swivel wheel "locks" it is still not as steady.)
When you need to turn you just "pop a wheelie" and the back wheels spin easily.

If you want to use it more for walking on sidewalks, and possible indoor use for shopping, etc, a swiveling wheel will be more convenient so you don't have to "pop a wheelie" to turn!

Also, the bigger the wheels, the smoother the ride for the little ones! If you will use it over gravel, trails, or grass, go for at least 16 inch wheels.

The Baby Joggers are great. Very durable and sturdy. Easy to push over all kinds of terrain. Mine is a triple jogger so it's insanely wide but it really ride so well. It even pushes nicely with 2, 20+ pound DDs and my 40+ pound DS.