Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
RobynJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Nurse called and left a message saying something was up... (updated again)

I called an left a message- but she didn't return my call. Now I am going to be worried all night. I know logically I shouldn't worry because if it was that bad they would have called me back right away. But I am still worried.

I went in for my 28th week check up on monday and I did the GTT and when the nurse took my blood pressure she said it was high. I asked the doctor about it - he said it was okay. Now I am worried about preclamsia-

I don't want to worry about nothing- but it is fustrating not knowing.. plus I don't feel good at all today. I feel like such a whiner...

*** Update***

I did get a hold of the nurse this afternoon- I flunked my GTT - my score was 160.

So I spent the rest of the day trying to get ready for tomorrow because I have to go take another GTT test and I guess I will be there for three hours tomorrow. So it looks like it might be Gestational diabetes.

It could be worse- but I am a little bummed. I am a FTM and I just want things to be normal and healthy for my baby.

Advertisement

Last edited by RobynJ; 04-10-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Results back
RobynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Nurse called and left a message saying something up with my blood work...

Hopefully it's just low iron or something
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Nurse called and left a message saying something up with my blood work...

praying for a good nights sleep.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
RobynJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. Hopefully she will call in the morning.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any word? Praying, mama
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
RobynJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and thanks so much for the prayers. I really, really appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Nurse called and left a message saying something up with my blood work- (upda

Just wanted to offer a hug. I failed my 1 hour glucose test with my 2nd pregnancy and had to go for the long test. It was miserable but I ended up being fine, the same thing happend to my SIL. Apparantly, its not uncommon to fail the 1 hour test but be fine on the 3 hour test. I dont want to get your hopes up too much since I cant say what will happen for you but I just wanted to tell you not to worry too much cause it may all turn out fine. Hope you get good results on your longer test
Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The Nurse called and left a message saying something up with my blood work- (upda

I wouldn't stress yet!! I always fail the one hour GTT test but always pass the 3 hour tests.. They aren't real reliable anyways. Good luck mama!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #9
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't stress yet mama, I know quit a few people that fail the 1hr and pass the 3 hr good luck, Ill be thinking about you
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pray you do well. I flunked my 1st one with my 1st baby and did fine on the three hour. Good luck drinking the syrup