Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabemama View Post
What should I do first?

Do I call the doctor? Do I go to my normal dr or do I call a midwife? HELP any advise is helpful.

When did you tell your employer?

When did you tell your family?
Are you planning to see an OB or a midwife? If you're seeing an OB, it's likely you may need a referral from your family Dr and so you would call them for an appointment first. If you're seeing a midwife, you may or may not need a referral. You could call them and ask about it.
Chances are the first appt with whomever you see will just be a "meet and greet" type one - ask any questions you have, bloodwork will most likely be done (be prepared to give a lot, lol) and they'll probably start with a urine pregnancy test to double check. Not a big deal.

I don't have an employer, I'm a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) and have been since shortly after we were married. Sorry, not much help there.

As for telling family, it all depends on which family members for us! We told everyone right away with our first - his family was really happy, my parents were really angry and upset. It wasn't pretty. With our 2nd, again, we told them right away - his family was really happy, my parents were upset again... and said "hope it's a boy so you can be done".
After that we started telling his mom right away, but not my parents. I've never told them about our losses at all (we've had 4 m/c's), we told them about Levi's pregnancy at about 13wks.
This time DH told his mom yesterday, but we won't tell anyone else until after 6wks. And then it will just be our really good friends, and everyone else can find out when they can tell by looking at me - which, from past experience, will mean everyone knows by 10wks max. I show early and get b.i.g! I'm not sure when we'll tell my parents this time.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #22
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agree with Elena. Call the Midwives right away to get meet and greets if that's your plan.

I told everyone with number 1 but didn't find out i was preggo until 2 months along. dS2, it was pretty close to 8 weeks. DD, I don't really remember. Prob the same tho. This time I don't even know when I am telling DH
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #23
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm BAD at keeping secrets. I thought this time I wouldn't tell until 10-12 weeks. But nope. So far his family knows, my twin and best friend were the first to know, and 3 facebook friends know. I'm telling my mom tonight.

Not sure how much longer I can keep it from my boss. Or how to even go about telling her. (It's just 5 of us ladies that work at a dog grooming shop, so I DO want to make it fun and creative, because we know eachother so well, but I also want it done privately and professionally too, incase she has things she wants to talk to me about.... but "private" doesn't happen around the shop! LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We wouldn't be able to keep things secret for very long, but we don't live near any family so noone sees me, just talks on the phone! Otherwise everyone would be wondering by 6-7wks!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am dying, I am horrible at keeping secrets too!!!! I haven't told DH or my mom. I want to scream it from the mountain top!!!! But, I also kinda like having this little secret, keeping the baby to myself for just a little bit. She's all mine for the time being

I am NOT telling my work I am giving my notice on the 17th of August, or somewhere around there (wish it could be today). DH needs to find a teaching job ASAP. I have another job that I am working so hoping I can get sales rolling.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, I have no problems keeping it from everyone else, but I was really wanting to tell DH. I was trying to wait for a really dark IC line - although apparently, from what I've read, it can take a bit longer for that, lol - to show him so he'd really believe it. But he was so worried looking the other day that I just had to tell him.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone!

My name is Shelley and I just got my BFP at 10DPO.

I am trying to calculate my due date. I know the day i ovulated, should I use that as conception date? If I use first day of last menstrual period I am due like a WEEK before the date of conception with ovulation. My last period I got super early, like a 21 day cycle (that never happens) so it doesn't seem accurate to me. What does everyone think?

Anyway if I go by date of ovulation I would be Due April 14th. going by LMP I would be due April 7th.

Congratulations to everyone! So exciting!
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #28
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY Renee! I guess I have never calculated the DD any other way besides LMP. I know O date too so I will have to go check where that puts me!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #29
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shelley - (wait, do you go by Shelley or Renee?) If there's going to be a week difference, I'd probably go with O date and "adjust" LMP when talking to the Dr, kwim?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #30
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Shelley - (wait, do you go by Shelley or Renee?) If there's going to be a week difference, I'd probably go with O date and "adjust" LMP when talking to the Dr, kwim?
Hi Elena!

I go by Shelley but for years I have been Renee on all my boards because of my screen name so I answer to both online. I should make a sig but I know a few people IRL that are on here that I don't really want knowing who I am. So I stay somewhat anonymous most of the time.

I realized that pregnant brain seems to have come early this time. I guess the due date calculator puts in the current day as a default and when I calculated using LMP I forgot to change the day and changed only the month. DUH!

NOw my EDD's are only one day apart. That makes WAY more sense as I O'd on CD 14. So I am looking at an EDD of April 14-15th. My dh's birthday is on the 13th of April and my DD's birthday is on the 9th (April) and mine is on the 6th(April) so I feel like there is the possibility there could be some birthday sharing going on if babe comes early.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 08-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote