Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Janadi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What are your daycare diapers?

I thought surely this thread would already exist somewhere on DS but I wasn't able to find it.

If your daycare allows cloth, which styles/brands do you send there? One size? Sized? Aplix? Snaps? Disposable liners or not? Specific diapers different for nap time or not? Which kind/brand of wetbag? Disposable or reusable wipes?

Advertisement

Janadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are your daycare diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janadi View Post
I thought surely this thread would already exist somewhere on DS but I wasn't able to find it.

If your daycare allows cloth, which styles/brands do you send there? One size? Sized? Aplix? Snaps? Disposable liners or not? Specific diapers different for nap time or not? Which kind/brand of wetbag? Disposable or reusable wipes?
Ds3 starts next week and will be using bumgenius 4.0s mostly snaps. No liners now since he's ebf but liners once he's on food. Nothing different for naps unless he has leaking issues. Thirsties medium wetbags or plastic grocery bags if no clean wetbags. Reusable wipes kept wet in a Huggies wipe container. This will be my 3rd kid with dcp and 2nd in cloth. She goes for whatever I want, but I do try and keep it easy for her and ask for feedback. I don't want to make her job harder!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
lilkidteach
Registered Users
seller

My kids go to a daycare center. The first time I did cloth I sent mostly Bum Genius and a few RAR's all in Velcro. I used Medium Bummis wet bags. They wanted disposable wipes and I went with it since they were willing to do cloth diapers. Now this time I use mostly RAR's some Bum Genius with Velcro and snaps. Medium Planet Wise wet bags. I still send disposable wipes. I never used liners, I just use a sprayer as soon as I get them home.
lilkidteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
belindacampbell
Registered Users
seller
seller

BG 4.0 snaps. No liners. Once in the toddler room they would shake the solid poop for me into the toilet before putting the diaper in the wetbag. I know another kid in the room had RaR pockets.
belindacampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #5
Lilmamawalker
Registered Users
seller

I'm planning to use best bottoms aplix or pockets in aplix if I can find them. Would have to use the best bottoms like an aio though because they won't touch the inserts. I think that aplix will be easier for sitters and preschool.
Lilmamawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #6
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First daycare with first kid used prefolds, snappis and covers. The daycare we use now only wants AIO's or pockets. We use BGs, both aplix and snap.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
czumi
Registered Users

just wanted to follow
czumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #8
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fuzzibunz perfect size, snaps. We do all the stuffing, unstuffing, laundry, etc, all DCP has to do is grab from our bag and put back into there (large wet/dry bag from a WAHM with a cross body "purse" strap). Since there isn't a sink right at the changing area, DCP uses disposable wet wipes, I wasn't going to push for cloth wipes when that's a much bigger inconvenience for her.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #9
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use AIOs at daycare or pockets with velcro closure because they are most like disposables. We use disposable wipes at daycare.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #10
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Tots Bots with aplix! Nothing to unstuff, good big velcro tabs, and I can preset the rise snaps and add extra absorbancy. Also, ahem, much cheaper on FSOT than BGs. And I like the prints waaaaay better.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote