Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #161
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone actually LIKE being a WOHM?

I loved being a SAHM for 8+ years but a part-time job landed in my lap last August and I love it so much! Granted, I only work about 8-10 hours a week and my youngest isn't breastfeeding or anything, but it's really fun and I'd like to work more hours.

I have had other jobs during my stint as a SAHM, and I hated it. For me, it really depends on what the job is. If the job sucks, I'm going to resent it and not want to go. I'm lucky in that my family doesn't depend on my income so I can work for fun. If I were miserable, I wouldn't do it.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #162
JMFutures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love working out of the house....I am not stay at home material - however I do it for the time being. I do work weekends only - and it's like a vacation - lol! My job is so busy and I love it!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #163
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Well, I think I would love to be a librarian :-) It's always seemed peaceful to me, and I love being around books.

I like my job, and I like being able to be around adults for part of the day. But, I have switched to part time for the time being--I'm 6 hours a day instead of 8, and I have to say it's the perfect scenario for me. If I had to work those last 2 hours of a full day I'd hate hate hate it.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #164
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Decided not to get catty...
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 02-16-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #165
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE being a WOHM. I love my job. I worked VERY hard to get my job and as much as I love my children, I feel that I am a better mom when I work. I have a great schedule (2 days 2 nights then 5 off), so I still get a good chunk of time spent with my kids. We are in a financial position where I could SAH if I wanted, but I don't.

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #166
apo_katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDM View Post
I LOVE being a WOHM. I love my job. I worked VERY hard to get my job and as much as I love my children, I feel that I am a better mom when I work. I have a great schedule (2 days 2 nights then 5 off), so I still get a good chunk of time spent with my kids. We are in a financial position where I could SAH if I wanted, but I don't.
This in bold. I graduated with a degree I love, worked in the field (I loved it, but Radiation and Pregnancy don't mix) and ended up in our field office. I was bored out of my gourd and then got a call asking for an interview for a job that I really wanted! Took the interview and two months later, packed up my daughter, husband and dog and moved half away across the county. I love what I do and couldn't imagine it any other way.

Semi-crunchy, vax-ing, organic-eating with a corn intolerance, home-brewing, , ,
apo_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #167
zosca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a WOHM and even if it is really difficult sometimes, I don't think I could ever quit my job. I would love to stay home a little more with the kids so I am planning to decrease my work from 5-6 days a week to 3-4 days a week when we will need a little less money (my husband is a stay at home dad so really I need to work!)
zosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #168
ndmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read all the replies but its great to hear so many mom's are happy with their situation

I am currently on maternity leave and have gone in almost once a week to get some work done Also, I'm terribly inefficient right now All in all, I love my job (most days) and I love working in general. Does it matter that we couldn't afford for me not to work? No. Would I love either a part time job or more hours in the day? Yes But part time doesn't exist in my field...the best I can do is potentially work from home a day or two a week! But like others have said, I'm a better mom for having outside occupation and my dd1 is so far very well adjusted, very smart and better behaved than many of her peers. Hopefully dd2 will follow in her footsteps!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #169
jenmm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went to school and furthered my education. It took me years to complete that schooling and years to get a job I enjoy. I cherish the time with my kids, but I do like being a WOHM. I can't imagine it any other way. Also, my schedule is flexible that I can work from home sometimes so I can start earlier so I can pick the kids up earlier or whatever.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #170
MuffinMania
Banned

Yes, I love it. I did love staying at home, but much prefer the balance I have now. I work part-time while still being self-sufficient and not having to rely on anyone else, and still having plenty of time to share with my kids and new DD.
MuffinMania is offline   Reply With Quote