Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #191
Nimyue
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone actually LIKE being a WOHM?

I like my job, but it's only 25 hours/wk and nights so kiddos are home with daddy. I really really like being a SAHM... and I definitely work less now lol! I love that my husband actually cleans something now that I"m working!

But I still do all the laundry, cook, bake all the bread we eat etc etc... but I don't work FT

Advertisement

Nimyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #192
Em'smama
Registered
seller

I love working but I wish I could stay home with Em
Em'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #193
pepperann
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE my career and LOVE spending time with my baby. My husband stays home with our 4mo old and I am completely jealous, even though I love being at work and doing what I do. We are working toward owning our own business so that neither of us have to be away from the LO and the future LOs. It isn't like we think that parents should stay at home, we just really want to spend more time with her together. 4 waking hours at the end of the day to spend with your kids just isn't enough for me.
pepperann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #194
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my job, I would like to be part time though, I don't mind working it's just juggling family and work that is hard, especially now that my kiddos are getting older and need to be run to school, dance, soccer, etc.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #195
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

My ideal would be to work part time. I'd be a much better mom if I wasn't gone so much (sometimes days at a time). I could take care of my house better. I could teach my children the things I want to, get more sleep, and shower more often.

I love working. I'm a paramedic and I love EMS, supporting my family, and constantly learning...but my family is first in my heart, and as soon as I can work only part time (because I think getting out once or twice a week to pursue a career would be helpful for my mentality at home, because I think we all know that you can go crazy if you're with toddlers all day, lol), I will be.

I'd like to work because I want to, not because I have to.

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #196
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my job and I have no desire to quit, but I would love to go part time. I have a very hard time balancing everything and so I get very stressed out. But when I'm home full time I miss being at work after a while. Part time would be the best of both worlds for me. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, but I like the idea.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #197
theredfantastic
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperann View Post
I LOVE my career and LOVE spending time with my baby. My husband stays home with our 4mo old and I am completely jealous, even though I love being at work and doing what I do. We are working toward owning our own business so that neither of us have to be away from the LO and the future LOs. It isn't like we think that parents should stay at home, we just really want to spend more time with her together. 4 waking hours at the end of the day to spend with your kids just isn't enough for me.
Same situation here, DH has been a SAHD since our first was 1.5. Now she is 3.5 and our son is 8 months. It is better than the alternative, which was working opposite shifts and never seeing each other, or child care which was just too costly to justify the marginal extra income my DH could provide.
theredfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #198
stephbolt
Registered Users
seller

Although I haven't technically started WOHM yet (DD is only two months old) based on maternity leave I would not enjoy being a SAHM full time. I wish there was a happy medium for me like part-time work so I could still get the job satisfaction but have more time for taking care of the house and spending with DD.
stephbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #199
Nana83
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wish my maternity leave had been longer (6-8 months instead of 4 months) but I needed to go back to work. I love being a WOHM. Ideally, I would have returned PT (28-32 hrs per week) until the LO is 2 though.

In my case, I was a single mom though. I don't know how that would change if I had a helpful spouse around.
Nana83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #200
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes I do. I feel like I have a rewarding career. I am a mammographer. While women generally hate having a mammogram, I like to make it a not so bad experience for them. I talk to them about their kids or grandkids, about their daily lives ect.

I absolutely despise finding cancer in women, but I do like the fact that I have helped them to get treatment.

Breast cancer is a horrible thing. I an the person that helps them get a diagnosis and eventually treatment, even if I don't provide the treatment. I help save lives in a small way. I don't think I could ever give that up.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote