Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Double jogging stroller recs?

Can anyone recommend a good double jogging stroller? I've never owned (or used) a jogging stroller of any kind so I don't know what decent brands are. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Double jogging stroller recs?

not sure of your price range, but I have the bob revolution double and LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but it is pricey
Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:

How pricey? I know double jogging strollers are expensive to begin with, so I figured I'd be paying at least $200.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i think they are like 500, but my brother owned a bike store so i got it for wholesale which was 200 or so. I would have never paid 500 for something that goes in my garage and gets dirty LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that is pricey! No, that's a little out of my range.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
katy_mb3
Registered Users
seller

We have the Instep Safari TT Double and LOVE it!!!

We go on tons of walks (we live out in the country) and the stroller can handle rough terrain without the girls bouncing out of the seats. I don't jog with it, but I have locked the front swivel wheel just to give it a try and I think it's jogs very well. It's too large for me to ever consider it for shopping or anything indoors, but for that I wear my babies anyway.

I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was around $120 (it was a clearance of the previous year's model). I'm pretty sure that you should be able to find one for under $200, including shipping.

Oh, I should mention that the only thing I don't like about our model (maybe they've since remedied this) is that the seats recline quite a bit - even at their most upright position. When DD was younger, she always seemed to be straining to sit up more so that she could see everything. I solved that by folding a towel and placing it behind the seat back until she was strong enough to sit upright on her own. Now that they're older (16 mos and almost 3) it's not an issue at all.
katy_mb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

Check out the Schwinn double w/swivel wheel. We like ours a lot.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are looking at single jog strollers and like the Baby-jogger Q series. The instep ones seem pretty decent, too, and are less $. One thing we have learned in our search is the difference between swivel wheel or fixed (non-swiveling) front wheels. If you are using it for truly jogging or fast walking for exercise, a fixed wheel is probably better as it is more sturdy and less wobbly when you get going fast. (Yes, even if the swivel wheel "locks" it is still not as steady.)
When you need to turn you just "pop a wheelie" and the back wheels spin easily.

If you want to use it more for walking on sidewalks, and possible indoor use for shopping, etc, a swiveling wheel will be more convenient so you don't have to "pop a wheelie" to turn!

Also, the bigger the wheels, the smoother the ride for the little ones! If you will use it over gravel, trails, or grass, go for at least 16 inch wheels.
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Dreamer Design Ditto!!!! Best money I have ever spent. They are around $300, but make sure you look online for the best deal, including ebay, where I got mine brand new for $277 with free shipping.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #10
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
I love my Dreamer Design Ditto!!!! Best money I have ever spent. They are around $300, but make sure you look online for the best deal, including ebay, where I got mine brand new for $277 with free shipping.
Yeah that. We LOVE ours. You can shop around and find deals. I got mine for 300 with free shipping and the rain/weather cover. Well, my church friends got it for me, but I requested the model. It's great cause it has separate sun shields. And each seat reclines separately. My younger son used to recline and sleep while big brother sat up and read books.

IT's very lightweight though and easy to push. Great customer service with them too.

The one drawback--the sunshields rest a little low, so it depends on how tall your older child is. My jogging partner bought one after drooling over mine, but her almost 5 year-old is really too tall for it. He bumps his head on the top.

Hope that helps.