Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Eureka!!! It worked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post

We had a good night here starting our transition ds went to sleep with nursing while falling asleep!!
Awesome!!!!

Advertisement

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #12
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy View Post
We are going to try this for naptimes too but today she fell asleep while nursing. LOL. For naptime I am just going to set the timer for an hour and tell her she needs to play quietly in her room until the timer goes off and if she gets sleepy she can lay down. If she doesn't fall asleep than we'll just call it quits.

BTW, she is 27 months.
DD (she's 32 months) has "quiet time". She goes in her bed and is only supposed to get out of bed to use the potty. I just put her in bed and tell her I'll come get her in a little while. She usually occupies herself with books and sometimes little people. She only naps a couple times a months.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultconsumer View Post
DD (she's 32 months) has "quiet time". She goes in her bed and is only supposed to get out of bed to use the potty. I just put her in bed and tell her I'll come get her in a little while. She usually occupies herself with books and sometimes little people. She only naps a couple times a months.
i think it is a nice policy to have. it puts the position of sleeping in their hands. My daughter fell asleep nursing again for naptime today so it hasn't come up yet. But she doesn't find it hard to occupy herself for an hour so I don't think she will be taking many naps if she doesn't fall asleep nursing. But it is fine with me.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh YEAH, i'm so glad i read this. I have been having serious bedtime issues. I'm going to go out and by a special bedtime timer tomorrow!!! Thanks for a great idea. I was all out of them.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #15
Harper's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!!! And so creative! I am glad I came across this post. I can reassure DH now, he thinks I'll be nursing and rocking DD until she's in highschool and she's only almost 1. I love the system you came up with! To keep her interested, involving her, rewarding her and allowing her to be able to relax AND feel safe! Well that's just a wonderful thing!
Harper's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #16
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you.

It is nice to know that you can comfort and parent them to their hearts content when they are little and yet gradually wean them to be more independent as they get older.

I'm glad it was able to help someone. For a long time I was worried that bedtime would have to wind up with tears in order to achieve any sense of her going to sleep on her own or wait until she was 6 or 7 but it is nice to know that it doesn't have to come down to that.

It's a fragile thing though, you have to make sure you don't push them too hard but I'm willing to bet that most of the parents on here have very secure children (because they've parented them to be that way) so that once they are old enough they are able to handle limits and boundaries.

Today Camden had her first Quiet Time because she didn't fall asleep while nursing. SHe did really good. She came out of her room twice. Once because she went poop on her potty (we keep one in her room next to her bed) and the next because she just wanted to come out. I just reminded her that it was quiet time and that she could either play quietly in her room or lay down if she was tired. She was so funny. She just ran back to her room and said "oh, ok" and closed her door. LOL. When her timer went off she came out and said "Mommy, I'm all done with my quiet time!" and gave me a high five. LOL. She even bragged about her quiet time to daddy today. We went to a baby shower after that today for our local AP mama group so she was exhausted today though. She passed out at seven.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #17
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper's Mommy View Post
Congratulations!!! And so creative! I am glad I came across this post. I can reassure DH now, he thinks I'll be nursing and rocking DD until she's in highschool and she's only almost 1. I love the system you came up with! To keep her interested, involving her, rewarding her and allowing her to be able to relax AND feel safe! Well that's just a wonderful thing!
LOL, I think my husband still fears that Camden will nurse until she is in High School.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #18
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouradss View Post
Oh YEAH, i'm so glad i read this. I have been having serious bedtime issues. I'm going to go out and by a special bedtime timer tomorrow!!! Thanks for a great idea. I was all out of them.
I hope it works for you mama! Just give her the impression that everyone in the world has a goodnight timer, that it is just one of those matter-of-fact things and get really excited about it. My daughter loves her timer. So silly.