Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 1-7

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA, Summer has been very busy.

Rebecca- glad your hubby is almost done with Chemo! I hope you guys are able to TTC again soon.

I hope we see lots of BFPs here soon!

AFM we've been working on our adoption paperwork all summer and should be approved by the end of august! Its still a long road though, the average wait is 2+ years through our agency, so we are going to try to save up and if we don't have a placement in a couple of years we are going to switch to a more expensive agency. Also we've decided to ttc more actively again while we wait. It was nice to have a break but I think we are both ready to try again. So here is my updated info:

Screen Name: amyltc
Current Children and age: DD1 Allie, age 5, Hannah age 3
Lost Children and dates: none
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, had surgery to remove on 9/14, tipped uterus, mostly unexplained infertility
Next appointment: None
Cycles TTC another: 19 cycles of active TTC, no BC since our 3 yo was born.

I'm about 5 DPO this cycle, I'm not sure because I haven't been charting, but next cycle we are going to chart and probably use Femara, and if that doesn't work the next month we might do another IUI.

Advertisement

amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Heather, I hope you catch up on your sleep

Rebecca, Hope this marks the end of that for you and DH

Leigh, Yay, good news!

AFM - talking about "the next step" next week with OBGYN. This week I'm going to spend several days with my sister. I'm really anxious about it. Her due date and mine were within days of each other. Now she's continuing in her healthy pregnancy... bulging belly and all... and I'm... talking about "the next step". I love her and I miss the closeness of our relationship... but I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for this. I guess if my strength fails I can stay with my mom instead. Rar. Kinda makes me wanna just crawl in a hole and hibernate for about a year... then try again.

Well, I didn't really want to bring anyone down so I'll shut up now

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
mamacassola
Registered Users
seller

Pirate- did you have an U/S? glad your numbers went up.
In love with DH from the moment we met. Proud mom of Noah-01/08, Evan-06/10, and Nathan-03/13. We sometimes CD or EC, gave birth drug free 2 @hospital, 1 @ home, never circ, always vax, BF as long as we can.
mamacassola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
mamacassola
Registered Users
seller

should've read more before I posted:
Heather..... it's hard to feel down about yourself.
Rebecca-congrats! That's such great news...I'm so happy for you both!

go figure-I actually made EWCM this cycle. I NEVER do (acupuncture??) and I'm sadly o'ing from my good side. what a drag.....sigh.....
In love with DH from the moment we met. Proud mom of Noah-01/08, Evan-06/10, and Nathan-03/13. We sometimes CD or EC, gave birth drug free 2 @hospital, 1 @ home, never circ, always vax, BF as long as we can.

Last edited by mamacassola; 08-02-2011 at 06:41 PM.
mamacassola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Liesl: Yep, AF found me. CD 3 here. Just downed dose #2 of femara.

Amy: Exciting news for you! I hope you guys get a surprise - either a BFP or an early placement (or both!).

Rebecca: Hope today wasn't too awful. And yay for it being the last day!!!!

Pirate: I hope all is awesome inside there!! I'm glad you got some good news!

AFM: Found out my trigger shot will be $86. Add that on to all the other costs. I feel like I'm not all that convinced IUI will do the trick for us. Ugh. I need to not think like this though.

I had some pains this morning that I thought maybe were a cyst made worse by taking femara last night. But I feel fine now. Hopefully it doesn't come back again. If it does, I'll call the doc.

Cindy
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #16
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ugggghhhhh.... CINDY !! so sorry... and I have extra trigger shots at home I always hate that I can't share meds.

yeah pirate!! congrats again!!

Rebecca so happy for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Heather: So sorry you're feeling down about your weight. When I stopped BFing in January my weight went up. When I'm BFing I can eat and eat, not work out, and lose weight. I think a combo of almost being 30 and not BFing has kept me about 10 or 15 pounds heavier than I'd like. I swear my metabolism has changed. It used to be that I'd really watch what I was eating for a week and lose enough that I'd feel good again, but not anymore. I have to work out hard for a month AND really watch what I eat to see any change and then the weight comes back so easily. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Pretzel: Congrats on your rising numbers!

Rebecca: Great news on the chemo ending!

Joy: Hope your time with your sister goes well. What a tough situation.

Vegan: I haven't found that I've really gained weight from the meds but I've definitely been very bloated. I watch my weight to make sure I'm not getting OHSS and even though I was ridiculously bloated after my last ER, my weight had actually gone down a few pounds. I think it was probably because my appetite goes down so much before the ER because of the Lupron. After the ER I can barely eat because I'm so bloated and don't have room to put anything in my stomach.

AFM: I've been feeling blah a bit yesterday and today. I think it's the Lupron. I had an U/S and bloodwork appointment today and things are looking great. I've been on stims for 6 days and my E2 was 687. U/S showed a bunch of 16-17mm follicles (I forgot to ask how many since I had a tech instead of my RE and she usually tells me). I usually make a lot of eggs, so I'm not really worried about that. Just hoping fertilization goes well. I go in again on Friday for another U/S and blood draw and my ER is still a go for Monday.

I had a dream last night that I got a call from the other RE at the office I go to and he told me I was pregnant. Weird that it wasn't my RE, but I'll take it!
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nothing really to report here....Welcome to all the new ladies and I hope and pray that you aren't here long....

I'm 6DPO today and a little bit crampy...I'm 7 days past trigger shot...I haven't tested yet and don't plan to until next Thursday...so far so good...I don't look for it to be positive but you never know...

Have a good night...
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #19
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey mamas! I'm back from England and will be going back through the threads now to see what I missed! Hope you're all keeping well.

I've officially weaned my DD now. The break was all she needed to forget. My doc has said it can do nothing but help me on my TTC journey, but I didn't want to stop until we were both ready. I'm pretty sure AF is due next week. That said, I have no idea when I O'd so I'm not overly hopeful!

Off to find out how you guys have been for the past two weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Can I join you ladies?! Just found this thread!

Screen Name: Sunyflwr
Current children and ages: Lillian - 20 mo
Losses: none
Diagnosis: unicornuate uterus
Cycles TTC another: We have been "whatevering" for 14 cycles, and seriously TTC for 6 cycles.
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote