Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #21
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Meldo Thanks for the met info, I'll be starting it in few mths

Rebecca yay! For you and DH, thoughts and prayers for him feeling well

AFM nothing much right now....

Advertisement

cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 1-7

Hey Amy! Good to see you I'm excited to follow your adoption journey and you TTC journey

Welcome back from England Lucy- How was it???

Welcome to Kris - hope you have a short visit with us.

AFM: Not much to say, except that we probably can't TTC again for another 2 years (due to the chemo) and I am already 36 so that SUPER stinks! Now... what to do with the banked sperm???? AF is just about leaving, and I think we are just about ready to have more conversations on fertility rather than cancer. This has been a wild ride.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #23
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I.AM.SO.MAD....................AND ANGRY.HURT.UPSET.FRUSTRATED.................

Got my progesterone drawn yesterday morning...doc's office doesn't call if the level is 12 or higher...I thought "well, I'm on 200 mg of Prometrium a day....certainly the WON'T call me"........WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did and it was only 7.39 this time.....seriously?? We upped the Femera dose AND added the Femera!!!!!!!!

I won't know anything for sure until next Thursday (which also happens to be our 10th anniversary...) as that is when I'm supposed to test and that's when I WILL test....

I'm just soooo mad. I wasn't even mad at God when Jack died....delayed reaction maybe?? Seems our only option is going to be to do IVF again.....

PS.....Did I mention I'm MAD????????????????
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #24
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Susan - I'm so sorry mama. Big hugs and prayers coming your way. Did they give any indication of why your levels were so low even with meds? How frustrating.

Kris - welcome! Care to expand on your uterus condition? I've never heard of it.

Bec - will your DH consent to using the banked sperm instead of waiting? That's the thankful part of men having the chemo instead of the woman in a TTC couple - at least his half can be safely stored and you can carry on if you want. Not so easy when that chemo is lingering in the vessel that hosts new life. I hope that comes off as encouraging and not patronizing. I don't intend at all to minimize your huge struggle, just to remind you of a potential solution.

AFM - my vacation was awesome. Exactly what I needed. Lots of family and love, very little responsibility or stress. I'm not sure when AF is due exactly as my fertility calendar is at work. But I'm thinking next week sometime.

I've been struggling a bit with envy these past few months. It seems that every day someone in my life reveals a pregnancy or ultrasound photo. I remind myself that every child is a blessing and I'll have my turn if it's meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 08-05-2011 at 10:50 AM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #25
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh Susan- I'm so sorry. Your post brings tears to my eyes, I suppose its because I feel angry myself sometimes. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Lucy- Thanks I didn't take that at all as patronizing In fact, I really appreciste the encouragement. I'm not sure what we will do- I think we will use the banked sperm, but I'm not sure Brian is ready for IVF. It sucks when options are so limited.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #26
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Kris - welcome! Care to expand on your uterus condition? I've never heard of it.

Thanks for the welcomes. Hopefully I will be able to catch on quickly with you all. It is hard jumping in on a thread where everyone knows every back story! Glad I found a place to share my journey with though.

Here is my back story...

My unicornuate uterus is a bit of a mystery. I am only starting to learn more about it, and that is mostly through my own research. It seems to be the "rarest" of the rare uterine anomalies. So you can bet your bottom that my local midwife and OB are not the most helpful, especially since I DID get pregnant and WAS able to carry to 36 weeks. But for those of you that are curious about my uterus in a more medical way, this is the best website to sum it up (the info is about 1/3 of the way down the page under the subheading "Category II: Unicornuate uterus"): http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/0...hy-they-matter

Basically, I have 1/2 of a uterus. And the research I have found on my type of uterine anomaly is mostly gloom and doom, an example such as this: "According to the Hurst review, unicornuate uterus is uncommon, comprising only about 5% of anomalies, and has a rather higher pregnancy wastage rate of ~36%. (Hurst, et al. as cited in Verkauf, 95-97)" and "For reasons somewhat unclear, women with unicornuate uteri seem to suffer from greater subfertility than women with the other anomalies, possibly because of a high prevalence of endometriosis."

The thing is...though...that I have a BEAUTIFUL daughter who was born near term to disprove all of this. DH and I weren't trying when I got pregnant with DD, so she was definitely an "oops." And my entire pregnancy I had NO IDEA I had such a jacked up uterus. I was even seeing a perinatologist because of a lot of crazy contractions and strange bleeding (and, unrelated to my condition, but what they thought was a possible heart problem in my daughter that ended up being nothing). My perinatologist didn't even catch that my uterus was abnormal and I had about a bazillion u/s done! DD turned breech after around 20 weeks (because little did we know she was running out of room!), and when my water broke at 36 weeks, I had to have an emergency c-section. During the c-section was when they discovered my crazy uterus. And looking back, she was ALWAYS positioned on my left side and never shifted to the right side of my belly. My belly was the strangest looking preggo belly, but no one thought anything of it and neither did I. And looking back, all my bleeding and crazy contractions were probably due to my jacked up uterus.

The OB who did my emergency c-section figured I had a bicornuate uterus while he was doing my surgery, but it was really hard for him to tell since he saw it all stretched out. So I got my official diagnosis of unicornuate uterus when I had an MRI a few months post-partum.

There ya have it. The interesting info on my uterus. I have pictures of it too, as a surgical tech snapped some quickly while the OB had my uterus lifted out of my body to examine it before stitching me back up. Not sure many women can say they have seen what their uterus looks like. Haha.
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #27
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cindy. It is all SO expensive.

Rebecca, how much sperm do you have banked? My dh wants to do IVF (not that we could afford it) but I'm the one saying no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
I.AM.SO.MAD....................AND ANGRY.HURT.UPSET.FRUSTRATED.................

Got my progesterone drawn yesterday morning...doc's office doesn't call if the level is 12 or higher...I thought "well, I'm on 200 mg of Prometrium a day....certainly the WON'T call me"........WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did and it was only 7.39 this time.....seriously?? We upped the Femera dose AND added the Femera!!!!!!!!

I won't know anything for sure until next Thursday (which also happens to be our 10th anniversary...) as that is when I'm supposed to test and that's when I WILL test....

I'm just soooo mad. I wasn't even mad at God when Jack died....delayed reaction maybe?? Seems our only option is going to be to do IVF again.....

PS.....Did I mention I'm MAD????????????????
I'm sorry

So I have the most awesome PA EVER at my RE's office. I was talking to her about how we are thinking of doing IUI again, but I didn't want to do FSH again if we could avoid it. I took clomid for 3 cycles and got 2 follicles each time, then I took FSH and Femara and again got 2 follicles, so it seems that it was more meds with not much more of a result. So we talked and next month when we try on our own she is going to do an u/s to see how many follicles I have with the Femara, and she isn't even charging us! Then we will know the next month whether to do FSH and Femara or just Femara
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #28
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Updated. I'll be back to catch up. Sorry I've been MIA lately.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #29
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow Kris- That is amazing. How wonderful to have your little miracle! I hope and pray you get another miracle soon!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #30
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Kris: Wow - that's crazy! You beat the odds once, I am hoping you can do it again!!! You already KNOW it's possible!

Heather: Hope you're holding up ok, supermom! ;-)

Rebecca: Are you wanting to do more IUI cycles or just try and get DH on board w/IVF? Do you mind me asking if you are paying out of pocket for the IUI?

Susan: It was 7 even while on prometrium? I'm sorry! Hugs to you!!! SOOO frustrating! Don't give up hope for this cycle though! Would you consider injectibles and IUI instead of IVF?

Amy: Wow - a free u/s? That is a HUGE rarity! Awesome!

Lucy: Welcome back! I can't imagine how restful a trip without babies would be. I am in the same boat with envy. I can't help it. I am trying not to be bitter though and be happy for all my (many) friends who are pregnant or have new babies. I enjoyed holding my friend's super squishy 8 month old today and squishing his thighs and smelling his yummy head! I can't help but think though that had I conceived when I thought I would, I too would have a baby only a few months younger right now! My friend got pregnant right before I got my IUD taken out.

AFM: I have my follicle scan on Tuesday so that will be a big information gathering session to see if I am responding at all to the femara. I'm scared my lining is thin bc my period is still sooo light. I have been reading a ton about DOR and it seems SO many women say they wish they hadn't wasted time on IUI and just went straight to IVF. So I am researching and thinking really hard and since we are spending $1,000 each month on IUI and could spend upto $6k/mo on IUI and injectibles, I am leaning towards moving to IVF in a few months if I'm not pregnant. I haven't brought this up w/DH yet though. I jsut don't want to waste all our time and money on something that has lower odds. The big question for me though is if I can produce enough eggs to even do IVF. I read a lot about this last night and my head was going so fast I couldn't fall asleep until 1am.

I can't get the site to send me email reminders for this thread! Any ideas? I keep subscribing but it doesn't work.

Cindy