Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please help me feed my 1yo.

I run into this problem, too. My DS just would rather nurse than eat, still! We feed him frozen multi-grain blueberry waffles (thawed, of course), bananas, cheese cubes or slices or sticks (he seems to like mozarella best because it's mild), yogurt with maple syrup, applesauce, cut up fruit (though half the time he won't eat it), any type of bread (I try to stick with whole grains), Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, gerber fruit melts, graham crackers, carrot and broccoli sticks, homemade french "fries" (I have an awesome recipe--we love them too-- cut your potato into sticks, toss in beaten egg white, sprinkle with paprika and a small amount of salt--bake in 400 degree oven until crisp--these freeze REALLY well and you can just reheat in the toaster oven), and he gets anything we are eating-- beans, cornbread, baked or grilled chicken or fish, corn, peas, green beans, oranges, eggs, etc...

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son HATED anything pureed or anything he had to eat off of a spoon. Then, one day, he just started liking them again. I think he was just trying so hard to be independent and wanted to feed himself, but still wasn't sold on the whole "solid food" concept. Have you tried letting her feed herself with her own spoon? It's messy, but fun for them.

He loves yogurt. I no longer make any pureed food for him (like I did when we first started out) but still buy those organic food pouches and he likes those occasionally.

Usually, though, he just eats random bits of whatever. He loves his fruits (especially blueberries, cherries, and watermelon) and veggies (especially broccoli, green beans, spinach). He likes bits of meat, and beans. CHEESE! Bits of quesadillas. He still loves puffs (we buy the HappyBaby ones, they're organic and have whole grains and some good stuff in them). I just bought their yogurt melts and they are yummy and he loves them, they're a nice little treat (we got the berry kind). Oh, and he likes scrambled eggs... I haven't done egg whites yet, but I've done the yolks with some cheese, pepper, and sometimes spinach. Loves that.

Usually just whatever we're having, or simple things that are quick to make. I like to buy organic frozen veggies, they are quick to heat up and nice to add to what we're eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
I made tons of batches of small whole wheat pancakes and freeze them. Dd can eat them and walk around without making a mess which made both of us happy.
This is a good idea (freezing the pancakes). My son loves my whole wheat blueberry pancakes, so next time I might double the batch and then freeze them.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow...great suggestions Mommas thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
The above list is great

My ds also likes frosted mini wheats soaked in milk. It's a favorite of everyone in the house though lol!

Applesauce and goldfish crackers, kashi soft cereal bars, the crust from dd and ds pb&js cubed. He drinks whole milk too, which is nice and filling also. Maybe your milk isn't as fatty now? Still nutritious but not as filling?

I had never thought of this...
ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410
Maybe your milk isn't as fatty now? Still nutritious but not as filling?
I was thinking this too. Everyone gave really you really good suggestions. That's pretty much what DS eats too
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I was thinking this too. Everyone gave really you really good suggestions. That's pretty much what DS eats too

I seriously didnt know that could happen! DS Mommas rock! Thanks so much for all your suggestions .
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbcmomma

I seriously didnt know that could happen! DS Mommas rock! Thanks so much for all your suggestions .
I just read a study but I don't remember who referred me to it...maybe the Ds bf'ing threads??? Anyway the abstract showed this not happening and I believe that the milk was more nutrient dense after the first year. I will look for it...

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
I just read a study but I don't remember who referred me to it...maybe the Ds bf'ing threads??? Anyway the abstract showed this not happening and I believe that the milk was more nutrient dense after the first year. I will look for it...

Oh thanks Momma
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #18
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
I know it was found to be higher energy(calorie), but I don't remember about fat content....

OP, thanks for this thread, the responses reminded me I had a big ol' mango on the counter for James!

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son HATED anything pureed or anything he had to eat off of a spoon. Then, one day, he just started liking them again. I think he was just trying so hard to be independent and wanted to feed himself, but still wasn't sold on the whole "solid food" concept. Have you tried letting her feed herself with her own spoon? It's messy, but fun for them.

My almost 1 year old just got back into purees and yogurts and things because she learned to USE A SPOON HERSELF!! It was only really messy for about 2 weeks, but now she's really good at it!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post

My almost 1 year old just got back into purees and yogurts and things because she learned to USE A SPOON HERSELF!! It was only really messy for about 2 weeks, but now she's really good at it!

Yes maybe this is part of it. She loves using a fork or spoon but isnt quite skilled yet. She uses the spoon with one hand and picks up food with the other hand .