Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Coobie bra for nursing?, update w/ pics #6 & another update #11

I bought some sleep nursing bras from Motherhood with B because I didn't know how big I'd get or how small I'd get afterward. They worked OK but their quality was not all that great. I bought a couple nursing Camisoles with K and some sized cup nursing bras which I only used a short period of time. I've been looking for something that was a good quality but didn't break the bank to use now (since I'm growing out of everything) as well as for the early days. I came across the Coobie bras awhile ago and have been considering them since.

The Baby Store Plus is going out of business and posted them today at a discounted price in addition to their 25% store closing discount. I bought four (red, black, white, and turquoise) at $12 something a piece and got free shipping because my total came to over the free shipping amount.
:giggles: I didn't want to wait in case they sold out and figured I'd leave the tags on three of them, try one out and if they didn't work out I'd re-sell them or give them to my oldest.

http://www.shop.thebabystoreplus.com...eywords=coobie

I'm not really worried about them not being "nursing" bras since most of my breastfeeding time has been wearing non-nursing things but I'm curious to know if anyone has worn the Coobie and what you all think of them. I figured they seem like a good compromise between the sleeping nursing bras and a cup style bra.

Advertisement

Last edited by Spunkify; 08-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
idnar82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coobie bra for nursing?

I want to try one of these too! I was hoping it would be stretchy enough to just pull myself out of the top and just tuck back in...I think I may try one in the next month or so... I was going to buy from The Baby Store Plus deal, but I just came across a deal in my Parents magazine. Buy One get one free with code "PBOGO" on shopcoobie.com

If you end up getting one, please post how it works for you!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have four coming. I'll let you know. She's really prompt with her shipping, they were mailed within an hour of my order. I should get them Monday or Tuesday at the latest I would guess and will try one on right away, lol.

I saw that in Parents but it came up buy one get one free, it's not like if you buy two you get two free plus they charge you $5.95 shipping for two. I paid $12.75 per coobie after discount at the baby store plus and since I got free shipping (unlike coobie site I can buy other things I needed or was looking at anyway) it worked out slightly cheaper. If I would have gotten four from coobie it would have been waaaay more, $67.95 for 4 which included $7.95 shipping. I paid $51 for the four coobies at the baby store.

Last edited by Spunkify; 08-05-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
idnar82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How did you get the free shipping at The Baby Store Plus? My problem is every time I try and order one, I am still being charged the 6.95 shipping which still brings my total up to $20...I just want to try one and I don't need anything else. Its a bummer :-(
Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There's a minimum purchase required for the free shipping. If all you want is one Coobie bra TBSP may not be your best bet. Check shipping reviews directly from Coobie, I've read some that weren't very timely.

Good luck!

I'll let you know what I think of mine.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that was fast! I got them today. I opened one and have it on right now...so far, so good! It's really comfortable and much more supportive than the sleep bras or camisoles I got before. I really like the fact that it doesn't have a true cup style cups, so I know they'll fit no matter how big I get with the pregnancy or how small I shrink after, but that it has adjustable straps. The colored straps also come off and I can replace them with invisible straps. The woman from TBSP said not all coobies come with them but mine did. I think that's awesome consider how many non-strap things I don't wear because I can't find a good bra to support me. The padding is removable but seems to be just enough to cover my **** star nipples while not making me look like I stuff my bra.

Here are the ones I got so you can see the "real" colors (lollipop red, black, white, turquoise)

My major complaint is that they stink so I aside from trying this one on I'll have to wash them all before I wear them. Oh and will need to be handwashed, but that is typical for bras anyway.

Last edited by Spunkify; 05-22-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
idnar82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coobie bra for nursing?, update w/ pics #6

So pretty! I'm glad to hear they are so supportive! Let me know how they work for nursing once you get them washed up :-)
Old 08-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for this! I hope they fit because I'm at the very top of the fit range!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They have plus size ones too.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #10
Knifty Kniteez
Registered Users
Formerly: gbryndi
seller

My Mood:

I have some but havent tried nursing with them, i dont see how u would, without loosing the strap when u un hook it. Idk, let me know how it goes