Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2012-chat 8/1-8/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Oooohhhh!!! Are you planning to find out the sex? I am debating! I didn't want to with #3 but DH did. I am thinking one last surprise!

Also, I have a short hairstyle! Thinking of growing my hair for these 9 months. I have never been 'good' with long hair, my hair is weird. Hhhhhmmmm, I think it's a great idea!!
Nope, we won't be finding out the gender. They don't tell you here at the hospital, so we'd have to pay for one of those outside u/s places, kwim? Which we're definitely not willing to do.
We've never found out with any of our babies, so it's nothing new and no big deal. We love the excitement and surprise of finding out what baby is at birth!

Hmm... would be a good time to grow it - does your hair grow a bunch through pregnancy? Mine does, and my nails. Oy. Annoying. The nails, not the hair so much, lol. I always grow my hair for a year or more and then cut a huge length off. I dunno why, lol.
I wish I had the guts to go pixie short - I think I'd like it, but I also think that it wouldn't look like I want it to, lol. I have curly hair, curls more the shorter it is (less length = less weight pulling it straight). I worry I'd just end up with a fro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Canadianbakers - my doctor says we wouldn't be able to see anything on a u/s until my numbers reach 1000, which will probably be a loooong time. I really wish we could see something now though so we'd know what was going on! The waiting and wondering is killing me.
Yeah, I was thinking it was 1000. I can't imagine how you're getting through this time, just waiting. Poor mama

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

why does morning sickness have to hit me so hard, so early? I knew I was preggo before I tested based solely on the nausea

BUT, I just found something I can eat. Tortillas and cheese. I feel very happy right now. My mom has the boys, dd is sleeping and I am going to bed as soon as I get the diaps in the wash for an overnight soak!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies! Chayla thanks for letting me know about this group.

I am here quite tentatively, just got my BFP today at 10 DPO. I also feel nausea really early on. I have been feeling it on and off since a few days ago.

Anyway to introduce myself.

My name is Shelley. (middle name is Renee) I have two dd's one is 8, and one is 2.

I haven't told my DH yet.... its driving me nuts!

Chayla have you told your dh yet?

And I actually shaved my hair down to 1/2 an inch at the end of December last year so its fairly short. I would call it a very shaggy pixie at this point. I have been growing it without cutting except a few inches off the back for the mullet. I hope my hair will grow fast this time. I feel like last pregnancy it didn't. Back when it was at my waist.

Anyway Hi everyone! I am happy to be here. Hopefully I will stay!

My last April due date board was called Spring Chicks.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always keep my hair short, it just doesn't grow. Then always after being preggo I decide to grow it because I dont have time to get it cut every 5 weeks. So, this time I am goiing to try and grow it! Maybe it will grow long and I can keep it after the baby comes.

I haven't told DH, still trying to be creative and the creativity is.not flowing. Probably by the weekend!

I like Spring Chicks, I was trying to look today but no creativity.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so pretty much I am in the window of April 11-13th. How weird is it that all my kids were due/born around the same time. DS 1 and 2 were both born on the 12th and DD was due on the 14th but was a week overdue!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
crunch!910
Registered Users

My sister ruined my pregnancy announcement to my mother. There's a thread about it over in March.

Why haven't they changed this to 2012 yet?

NOT in a good mood. I'm so bummed. Stupid pregnancy hormones and moodiness. I just can't believe my pregnancy announcement is completely ruined.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no!!! Heading to read it now Huggs momma!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
why does morning sickness have to hit me so hard, so early? I knew I was preggo before I tested based solely on the nausea
I've never had the severe ms i had with DD - still not sure if it's cuz she was a girl, only having had boys since her, or if it was just cuz it was my first pregnancy. But it was pretty bad, probably technically hg, though stopped the exact day I hit 13wks.
I seem to have like waves of nausea hit me. I usually don't feel great in the morning, start feeling all right mid morning and have breakfast then. Fine through till around 3pm, then waves getting worse and more frequent until bedtime. And I usually don't feel great when I wake up to pee/nurse Levi through the night.
But I'll take all of it - I'm not complaining! I take feeling crappy as a good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Hi Ladies! Chayla thanks for letting me know about this group.

I am here quite tentatively, just got my BFP today at 10 DPO. I also feel nausea really early on. I have been feeling it on and off since a few days ago.

Anyway to introduce myself.

My name is Shelley. (middle name is Renee) I have two dd's one is 8, and one is 2.

I haven't told my DH yet.... its driving me nuts!

My last April due date board was called Spring Chicks.
Hi Shelley! Congrats and for a sticky bean!

I like spring chicks... or maybe not spring, but chicks... maybe I just like baby animals, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
My sister ruined my pregnancy announcement to my mother. There's a thread about it over in March.

Why haven't they changed this to 2012 yet?

NOT in a good mood. I'm so bummed. Stupid pregnancy hormones and moodiness. I just can't believe my pregnancy announcement is completely ruined.
Oh shoot! That really stinks. I'm sorry
And I have no clue about why they haven't Not a huge deal, but maybe if they haven't come next week - it is only Tuesday after all - we could pm a mod and ask them to?

AFM: Like I said to Chayla - m/s nausea is hitting me some, some days/times worse than others. I find when I keep myself busy and moving around (like today I got going and did a bunch of chores/housework) I feel better. Not sure if it's because I'm distracting myself or if it's that moving more makes the hormones have less time to sit in my blood? If that makes any sense, lol.

My in-laws are leaving tomorrow for home (west coast, we live in the middle of Canada) I'm gonna miss them, so are the kids. But, that's life for us. We had a fun and steak bbq tonight at our friends' farm though, that was a nice way to end the visit!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah, and nursing is horrid right now. I'm nowhere near ready to wean Levi, but oh man am I ever not liking it most of the time. My nipples are sore, let down hurts, but at least my supply is still there - actually those were big signs that we were pregnant this month. It's this horrid feeling, like I want to crawl out of my own skin. The only thing I can compare it to is when I hear fingernails on a chalkboard *shudder*
Old 08-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #20
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Nope, we won't be finding out the gender. They don't tell you here at the hospital, so we'd have to pay for one of those outside u/s places, kwim? Which we're definitely not willing to do.
We've never found out with any of our babies, so it's nothing new and no big deal. We love the excitement and surprise of finding out what baby is at birth!
How do you resist urges to SHOP!? I SO thought I'd want this one to be a surprise, but there is no way. I'm a planner. I like to have things all ready. I obsess over them before the baby gets here. If I weren't able to buy everything baby needed before it got here, I'd be a crazy wreck thinking about how I'm not prepared. Besides, I'm not seeing myself wanting to jump straight out of bed and have to go shopping for baby's entire wardrobe as soon as I pop it out. (The reason I say that is because if it were a girl, I don't want her entire wardrobe to be GREEN and yellow. If it were a boy, I wouldn't want his wardrobe to be YELLOW....).

I just don't know how people that have "surprises" do it, and do you really go shopping for baby's entire wardrobe AFTER he/she gets here? HOW? The only way I could do that is if I had enough ALL WHITE clothes to last a good while before I had to go shopping, but then I wouldn't have a cute outfit to put baby in when everyone visited!