Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2012-chat 8/1-8/7

Well, at this point (having had a girl and some boys) we have pretty much everything we need for either gender right off the bat anyways. And when we were pregnant the first 2 times we just picked up a few cute outfits (mostly 2nd hand, so not so $$) for either gender and some sleepers (which are easy to be neutral). It helps too that DH doesn't care if the baby, boy or girl, wears pink or blue
Oh, and we love baby gowns for the first bit anyways, so those are fairly easy too.
I usually make some stuff (knit and crochet) while pregnant, and just make stuff for each gender (like blanket and hat and booties). With Levi's pregnancy I made a little kimono sweater in pink and blue

It's really not a big deal, there's nothing to resist for us. We get what we need, that's all, which isn't much at this point.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #22
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think we will probably find out the gender. We have two girls, I know dh would like a boy but would be happy with a girl but if it is another girl I think he would need that time to process and maybe even grieve a little bit for the idea of never having a boy. (This is supposed to be our last baby) I know that sounds bad and we are both thrilled and would be happy with a girl or a boy. I would like to know what being a mama to a boy is like, but if its not meant to be then that is ok too.

We have LOTS of boy looking stuff from dd2 because blue is both mine and dh's fav colors, so I think we would be set either way. I am actually really excited that baby shopping this time around will be minimal. I even still have all my newborn fitteds, just need to get some covers. Maybe I will change my mind later on but we just don't need much and that is awesome!
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Figured out a cute way to tell dh. I will share later wen not on my phone. very excited
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
We have LOTS of boy looking stuff from dd2 because blue is both mine and dh's fav colors, so I think we would be set either way. I am actually really excited that baby shopping this time around will be minimal. I even still have all my newborn fitteds, just need to get some covers. Maybe I will change my mind later on but we just don't need much and that is awesome!
Oh diapers! I can't wait to use the itty-bitty ones again!!! I don't have much to look for as far as diapers go. I would love to get some more piddle poddle and little boppers ai2s - loved those with Levi, and they fit him until 4mos. I won't start looking for those for another couple months, though - with so little to get ready, I don't wanna do it all and have nothing later, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Figured out a cute way to tell dh. I will share later wen not on my phone. very excited
!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #25
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oops, thought I had posted my updates in the other thread, but I guess it was in this one. Anyway, here's what I wrote....

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up and comment on everyone else's posts yet. We have family in town, but I promise to do better next week after they go home!

Anyway, I have a small (almost non-existent) update....had another blood draw this morning and still haven't heard results. Every other time I've heard the results the same day, so I'm absolutely a wreck right now. As if I wasn't already stressed out about the wacky results, now I have to wait 24 hours to hear my results? Oy, the stress of this pregnancy is going to KILL me!
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #26
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Posted in the other thread, too, but I started spotting about an hour ago.
i know for lots of mamas spotting, even bleeding, is normal and things turn out fine, but it's never turned out well for me.
I will update when/if things progress.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #27
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
i know for lots of mamas spotting, even bleeding, is normal and things turn out fine, but it's never turned out well for me.
DDC to offer
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #28
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I spotted with both my pregnancies and everything was fine. I will be thinking about you mama. I hope this time is different for you. Please keep us updated.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Huggs momma!!!!! Keep us posted!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #30
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
I've been praying. I sure hope everything turns out fine.