Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Flats in BG 4.0s?

I'm gonna be the weirdo here, but I didn't care for flats in ours. They were bulkier than our microfiber (which is admittedly rather smooshed and not fluffy anymore) and I kept having leaks. I have DR's unbleached, but very much fully prepped, and they still leak.

Cari-Loving my fiance Scott -mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke, born 2/9/10! for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Registered Users
We use Osocozy unbleached in ours. I initially changed out the microfiber with flats in about 10 dipes just to test it out and see if I liked it better, so they are all mixed in the stash. I can't usually tell which insert is inside when its on DD so the flats aren't bulky at all. And if there are ever leaks I'll check the insert and sure enough, it will be microfiber! We get compression leaks with the microfiber but have never had a flats leak. And washing is so easy! We use Tide and still some microfiber will smell like pee after washing but I haven't had one stinky flat in 2 months! Love them and will soon be switching out the rest of my BG to flat inserts!
Sammie4030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
Registered Users
I was able to buy some Little Lions flats while they were available a couple days ago. Do the LL size flats fit ok in the BG 4.0s?
Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
Registered Users
Anyone just place the flat in folded instead of stuffed? I am liking the easier routine of covers with the Flip organic prefolds (cannot believe how much more they hold than MF so far!) because we do not have to stuff and unstuff, but I don't want to switch out my BGOS stash.

**Sent from my Xperia X10 using DS Forum -- watch out for odd autocorrects that I don't catch**
Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry:
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote