Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
S4r4h
Registered Users

The title says it ... I can never tell when I'm letting down. What does it feel like for you guys?

(P.S. My chubby baby is proof that my milk comes out fine, I just have to go by her gulping and the feeling of being "empty" afterward ... I'm just really curious.)

Advertisement

Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
chunkydunk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: No letdown sensation ... EVER?

The way it felt for me was a burning sensation in whichever nipple was letting down followed by pressure. I've never liked that sensation.
chunkydunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
With DD I had no sensation. With DS though it was a different story. Letdown was very painful. It felt like my boobs were burning from the inside out. But thankfully it would only last 30 seconds or so.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
benoliviaallen
Registered Users
seller

I didn't feel it until my son was like 8 weeks old. Then suddenly I felt this tingling/burning sensation out of nowhere. Sometimes it's super intense, sometimes it's not very noticeable. It always seems to hurt more when I just randomly let down and he isn't actually nursing. My boobies get confused quite often lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
S4r4h
Registered Users

Wow ... I didn't expect you guys to say that it hurts! I was thinking, like, tingly or something.
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
DevonP
Registered Users
seller

My DS is 8 mos. old and I never started having any sensation until a few months ago. Now it feels kind of itchy/tingly. Makes me remember to pump at work
DevonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Never felt it ever, not with feeding three kids for various times.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I never really felt it with DS1 but I sure do this time. It doesn' hurt. The best way I can think to describle it is tingly. I feel it more when I pump.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #9
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4r4h
Wow ... I didn't expect you guys to say that it hurts! I was thinking, like, tingly or something.
I've never felt it, but I kind of imagined it would feel like when you finally get to go pee after holding it for a while.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like letdown central! Multiple (2-3) per feeding plus throughout the day when I'm not nursing as well. Basically every hour. It feels like a burning/tingling in both breast, not just whichever side she is nursing on. Not really painful but more uncomfortable, doesn't last long.