Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Weekend chat oct 15-16

Morning!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Must be a slow morning!
I have 3 sick kids now and I'm having that coming down with something feeling, so we are staying home from dance and having a pajama day today.

I'm trying to take lots of vitamin c and hopefully won't get too sick, but I'm super worried about being sick so late, plus I don't want to go into labor with sick kids.

Funny though, I kept ds home from school wed and thurs, and he went friday, so of course I got "oh, we thought maybe you'd had that baby" comments. We'll probably end up staying home from church tomorrow and i'll get the same thing.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekend chat oct 15-16

Morning!

Chelsea-sorry everyone is sick. I hope it clears up quickly.

Afm: I started taking my labor prep tincture, but between it and all the cleaning if been doing, I'm having a lot of Bh. This is not something I ever experienced w/ the boys. In fact, I had maybe 3 or 4 Bh cntrx, that I recognized, before labor started w/ Ds2, and none w/ Ds1. As a result, i'm thinking I may stop taking the tincture until next sunday, when i'll be 37 wks and my MW can deliver me at home if I go into labor (my ticker is wrong, btw. I am 36 wks tomorrow). I sent MW a text this morning, to see what she thinks, but I haven't heard back yet.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

chelsea - hope ur kiddos get better and hope you dont get sick!

thia - oh! on the BH i've been getting a few more than usual lately but really just trying to relax and i've been forcing myself to only drink water (last week i got on a dr pepper kick for some reason lol). im trying not to think about it too much because i know me worrying wont be good...plus im going out of town next weekend :/

AFM - today is my babyshower so I'm totally psyched about that. It's at 2 and then they are going to have a fish fry afterwards...so we should have a fun day!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Chelsea, we've got sick kids here too... plus a camp this weekend, so DH isn't around. Oh well.

He was around long enough for me to get to the grocery store, but now I'm regretting that as muscles are hurting that I didn't know I had. haha. I'm so done pushing a cart around.

Thia, I'm having lots of BH too. I guess the more kids you have the worse they get...
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Oh Nichole, have a super fun shower!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nichole - hope your shower is going well, along with the fish fry!!

Lauren and Chelsea - sorry the kiddos are sick Hope they get better soon!

Thia - I've also been getting BH. Nothing major, but I didn't have any with DD. Makes me wonder. I'm thinking its probably just a 2nd baby thing for me, I doubt I'll go early.

AFM - My church's children's center had a fall festival type deal. They had a jump castle, games, food, pony rides, etc. It was fun, and DD loved the pony ride!!! She keeps talking about the pony she rode We'll be headed over to MIL's to do a cook out later.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Happy weekend, y'all!

Lauren - Sucks about the aches and pains. I usually like doing the grocery shopping (I get achier on days when I don't walk/exercise), but it has to be at my own pace. My kids go to the Fred Meyer "Playland" when I shop, and Thursday when I did the shopping for the week, I got paged to the Playland, and I was on the other side of the store, so I was practically running (I thought maybe one of the kids got hurt, but turns out Owen just had a poop diaper)........yeah, I can't quite move as fast as I used to. Except for the heartburn and when I have to roll over in bed, most of the time I feel pretty normal, so it was very humbling to not be as nimble as usual. I was a little sore for a few hours after my run from produce to in-store day care.

Nichole - Have fun at your shower! I wish they had a fish fry at mine.....that would have been sweet!

Chelsea - Sorry about the sick kiddos....seems like sickness is going around all over the place.

AFM - Got to go to Joann's and spend a bit on my b-day giftcard. Got some harvest-y looking yarn, a bit of felt, a fabric paint marker and some stencils. I cut the felt into two circles, and stenciled Thing 1 on one, and Thing 2 on the other. I also went online and ordered 2 pairs of red fleece pants from ON and 2 blue wigs from Amazon. Now when we go to the mall later to get b-day presents for tomorrow's family b-day dinner (my Grandma-in-law's was on the 8th, my BIL's was on the 13th, and mine is on the 20th....lotta Libras over here, lol), I need to pick up red long sleeved shirts from JC Penney, and their costumes will be complete. They're gonna be so cute!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm planning a Mary Kay party soon so I'm thinking tomorrow will be a big clean the house day.
I still need to get the living room re organized and the kitchen decluttered. Toys tend to get put everywhere. Oh and there is laundry. We are back to washing diapers everyday but sorting when I feel better or we run out of diapers.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Wow, quiet day here..... Babies being born?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
Lauren - Sucks about the aches and pains. I usually like doing the grocery shopping (I get achier on days when I don't walk/exercise), but it has to be at my own pace. My kids go to the Fred Meyer "Playland" when I shop, and Thursday when I did the shopping for the week, I got paged to the Playland, and I was on the other side of the store, so I was practically running (I thought maybe one of the kids got hurt, but turns out Owen just had a poop diaper)........yeah, I can't quite move as fast as I used to. Except for the heartburn and when I have to roll over in bed, most of the time I feel pretty normal, so it was very humbling to not be as nimble as usual. I was a little sore for a few hours after my run from produce to in-store day care.
Ugh, yeah.... I'm literally sitting on an ice pack now. But that's 'cause I spent the rest of the day on my feet. Blech. My sister (who got married last week) had her "post wedding reception" here at the camp today (their wedding was out of town) so we've been running around doing that all night. And now it's 8:15 and I wanna go to bed!

You have a grocery store with a playland?!? That sounds loverly. Yeah, I had to run after my littlest one last week and it was NOT fun. Definitely not very nimble. I'm sure I LOOKED particularly silly. And I've JUST started having those rolling over pains, but I think it's 'cause of the way she's positioned.

P.S. Your thing costumes sound awesome!
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.