Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Did anyone just pick a brand and "go with it?"

I know with so many "addicts" in here this may be the wrong place to ask but, did anyone just choose a brand and go with it? I am so overwhelmed with choices and I just want to keep it simple. I am pretty sold on the softbums omni, since I can use it as a pocket or an AI2, and the great reviews it has received. Their FB page also has a ton of pics with babies of all shapes and sizes. I figure if I can even learn to "like" these, and get the leak free fit that everyone else seems to get, and I don't buy anything to compare it too then ignorance is bliss right?

Advertisement

theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did anyone just pick a brand and "go with it?"

I sorta did that when I started. I bought 6 bumgenius pockets to start with. They ended up really not working for me, even though they were one of the most popular diapers at the time (and even now). At some point I got sick of the constant leaks and bad fit (for us) and got rid of them. By that time I had a bunch of other brands and had found things that worked better for me.

So bottom line -- I think you should still buy just a few first and see how they work for you. If they work well, go for it and buy a whole stash and never look back! Just don't hang around here because if you are like me, you will be tempted into trying other things if you keep reading what everyone is loving and trying.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just started with prefolds and it stuck until I changed them to fitteds. Now I'm on a mixture of those. But for my first two kids it was prefolds and covers all the way! I guess there are some who will do that. But not too many as, we all want to try new things out or even just start with a trial option to see what we like. I don't see why not. But honestly, different things work for different babies. I'd do a trial to see, unless you get an amazing deal on what you are looking at. And I would agree with the ignorance is bliss unless they just don't work for your LO. Good luck!

Angela
angelacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would def try something before buying a bunch. when i first started i bought 3 prefolds, 1 bg pocket. and 2 fitteds to try them all out. i loved the bg and bought a few more. still loved them, so i bought a whole stash. you just dont know what you will love until you try it though.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you can but not without trying a few first. Sometimes we think one thing will work for our baby and lifestyle but end up liking something entirely different.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

I did that! I went with Applecheeks, which are similar in that you can use them as pockets or AI2. I loved that they only have 2 sizes of covers so you don't need to buy more every couple months. I did tons of research on the company, read customer reviews and checked out the product in person before buying my stash.

The way I see it, as long as the diaper doesn't leak and doesn't cause any skin reactions, I'm happy. There will always be a "new improved" product out there and it's way too easy to drive yourself crazy looking for the holy grail of diapers.

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Ignorance is bliss I tried pretty much everything when DD was born but by the time she was 6 weeks I new what worked for us and I sold everything else, prefolds, fitteds, BGE... I am totally in love with my simple BGOS 4.0 with snaps stash
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
LeahSylina
Registered Users

My Mood:

A friend of mine soft of did, she picked two brands (RaRs and BG 4.0s) and stuck with them. She has mostly RaRs, but I think the BG are for later on if the RaRs don't fit (they have a very low rise and probably won't make it until PTing). Her baby is 2 months old and she loves her diapers so far. She's not the type to be a CD 'addict' so I imagine she'll stick with those as long as she likes them.

If you are going to go with one brand and stick with them then I do thin Softbums Omni would be the way to go. I have 8 Echos and 1 Omni and I love them both but I wish I had more Omni. Both types will definitely fit from birth - PTing, while many OS diapers will not. They fit very well and work great as either a pocket or an AI2 so you've got a lot of versatility.

That said I agree that you should only buy a few to start, just to make sure you do indeed like them. I don't know of many people who don't like Softbums but you never know. It would be a pain if you decided you hated them and then had to re-sell them and buy something else.
Leah, loving wife to Nathan. CDing mom to two beautiful kids, Gabriel Thomas (4/13/09) and Elena Grace (5/6/2010) since 11/2010. Expecting #3 in February 2012!
LeahSylina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I jumped in with both feet and bought 24 GMD newborn workhorse fitteds. They were fantastic!

I DIY'd the next size up (from GMD organic prefolds), and am now debating whether to DIY when we get to the next size, or invest in more GMD workhorses.

I tried a few of a few other things, but all of those left as they just did not work for us as well as the workhorse dipes did.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

So what do you do when your "deciding" ........ say I buy the trial pack (2 covers, 6 inserts) Thats not even enough to CD for 1 day.... so then do I just use disposables until my full order comes in??? I am slightly concerned about having allergic reactions, though I am planning on getting the bamboo, which I heard is an unusual allergy???
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote